Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:51 pm
cybot wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:01 pm
Ivor wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Great shop, good guys. Glad to hear their mail order is quality too.
Sometimes laziness has its virtues. It's high time I visited the capital more often and get to know these wonderful guys all over again. As I usually say now, fu#k Tower! Long story. Not going there.....
Well Spindizzy and Freebird and close together with coffee in between! Rage/The Record Spot on Fade St within browsing distance too (and that thieving bollox seems to be gone from there!) I've heard both good and bad about Tower over the years but they don't really impinge on my buying anymore. Those stairs are a killer!
Aye the way it used to be. I seem to have forgotten all that. Never call into Rage since Road ceased. Yeah and those stairs. Oh those beautiful stairs lol! Stairway to Heaven 😱

runs very, very, far away 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

visitng an old friend this morning
Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Arrived earlier this morning from Burning Shed. Just getting a chance to listen to the new 2014 40th Anniversary mixes of classic albums now whilst the strong fumes of fresh paint fill the room and my eyes start to water lol!

Anyway I started with the Alternative Guide To KC double and......I'm blown away! I won't spoil the fun but it's only amazing. Had a quick listen to some of the rest and I'm really, really impressed with the mixes. I won't mention his name as he's everywhere these days. Clarity with clout.......and showing yet again how far ahead of the pack they really were. Who needs the originals when you have these? Stunning!

By the way Vol. 2 is equally compelling and includes, among its many highlights, an expanded USA and an ear opening alt Larks Tongue. Again stunning. Farewell, you'll not hear me for a while, my work here is complete. For now ;)

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:05 pm Got this little vinyl gem earlier. My very first mail order from an Irish outlet. I give you Spindizzy 🎸 Very impressed with the fast turnaround, packaging and the inclusion of a plastic sleeve. Last copy too. Happy days!

Snap Dermot! Got mine locally;-)
My other half has didcovered the joys of Peter Green et al recently so I'm hearing a lot more like this at home now :-)
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:11 am
cybot wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:05 pm Got this little vinyl gem earlier. My very first mail order from an Irish outlet. I give you Spindizzy 🎸 Very impressed with the fast turnaround, packaging and the inclusion of a plastic sleeve. Last copy too. Happy days!

My other half has didcovered the joys of Peter Green et al recently so I'm hearing a lot more like this at home now :-)
Ah nice one Shane! Your other half certainly has good taste, but then, you'd want to be really hard to please, if Peter Green didn't do it for you.....Anyway I really, really love this set and it's brilliantly compiled from various sessions. The first four tracks set the scene nicely and I love Peter's vocals on You Need Love, which shows a completely different side to him (and his merry band). Sweet Little Angel is......sweet. And, I hear Peter blowing his harp on That Ain't It even though it's not credited. Either that or it's the weirdest sounding guitar ever ha ha!

Looking forward to this imminent triple vinyl treat though. It's supposed to be coming out round June time but September seems to be a more likely date. Can't wait. And it's only Vol. 1. Happy days 🎸

cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Ah nice one Shane! Your other half certainly has good taste, but then, you'd want to be really hard to please, if Peter Green didn't do it for you.....Anyway I really, really love this set and it's brilliantly compiled from various sessions. The first four tracks set the scene nicely and I love Peter's vocals on You Need Love, which shows a completely different side to him (and his merry band). Sweet Little Angel is......sweet. And, I hear Peter blowing his harp on That Ain't It even though it's not credited. Either that or it's the weirdest sounding guitar ever ha ha!

Looking forward to this imminent triple vinyl treat though. It's supposed to be coming out round June time but September seems to be a more likely date. Can't wait. And it's only Vol. 1. Happy days 🎸

Yeah, that looks good. Again, the vinyl users have to buy it over 2 volumes.
Yup, great taste alright. A diet of Rory, SRV, Gary Moore and the Allmans prescribed for the weekend now!
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:47 pm
cybot wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Yeah, that looks good. Again, the vinyl users have to buy it over 2 volumes.
Yup, great taste alright. A diet of Rory, SRV, Gary Moore and the Allmans prescribed for the weekend now!
Yes that's right Shane, over two volumes. Can't wait to see what's on the second volume.

Looks Ike the weekend's just started. Enjoy 🎸🎸

By the way that Rory Blues collection looks neat. Wonder when it's out? I'll wager you'll get there before me ha ha!
tweber

Post by tweber »

By the way that Rory Blues collection looks neat. Wonder when it's out? I'll wager you'll get there before me ha ha!
31st May Dermot-and yeah I've preordered it. Blue vinyl online only apparently if that floats your boat.
Only 15 tracks on the vinyl lp, 3 cd deluxe has the 36 tracks so obviously I had to get both ;-)
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:05 am
31st May Dermot-and yeah I've preordered it. Blue vinyl online only apparently if that floats your boat.
Only 15 tracks on the vinyl lp, 3 cd deluxe has the 36 tracks so obviously I had to get both ;-)
Blue, green, yellow or whatever, doesn't bother me! Good on you getting the cd set as well. Must have a look at the track listing even though I don't have a cdp 😱