System Gallery

cybot

Re: System Gallery

Post by cybot »

dubber wrote:Excuse the mess :)

Love the guitars :-) Is the one on the right a Telecaster? I'm not sure of the one on the left, is it an Aria Pro? Anyway I have the original Musical Fidelity A1000 amp and only for the Crofts I'd be using it more often. Be interested to hear what mods you've got done...
Last edited by cybot on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claus

Post by Claus »

Nice system and guitars! Is that a PRS in the corner and some kind of Nashville tele? What do you think of the Roadhouse amp? I really liked it when I was amp hunting last year. Ended up with a Danish build modified Tweed Deluxe in the end.... I play a 75 Starcaster along with Jazzmaster, Tele and Strat....

I have the Musical Fidelity amp as well... The M3 NuVista... Very happy with the sound...
I am always up for a jam ;) Sorry for going a bit off topic :)
Claus
Matt

Post by Matt »

Love those Elacs :)
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl
Derek

Post by Derek »

How do the notoriously difficult to match Elac’s work with the Modified Musical Fidelity?
Can you tell us what the mods are?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes, do tell us about the mods - nice system.:......
Do or do not, there is no try
dubber

Post by dubber »

The MF was modified by a guy called John Sampson in the UK, it was a couple of years ago, can't remember the exact details off the top of my head, but basically he swapped out the power supply and a bunch of output stage components (pic below), think he can do other stuff now like WBT terminals etc. The end result is an excellent amplifier, which is also a DAC, FM/DAB tuner and a CD player (not that I play many of those any more) - which would seem sacrilegious, but it actually works very well. MF gear can sound a little shrill through the Elacs, but my amp is fine since the "upgrade" (and it wasn't a huge issue anyway). Overall I'm very happy with my system, I've a hankering for a set of floorstanders, but think I'l need a new room first, so that's on the long finger for now.

The guitars are a PRS and a Nashville Tele - I actually recently sold the Tele. The amp is a Cornford Carrera, which I quite like, particularly the dirty tones, clean tones are OK if a little flat for my liking.

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Nice stuff rubber - I've always liked the sound of the Tele for slide blues in particular.

Fran
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Just got the stacked quads up and running today - happy camper! I'm still only driving them with my little el84 amp but for now I'm loving it.

EDIT: pic not working, reloaded...
dubber

Post by dubber »

For a new site, there's quite a bit of diversity ... valves & quads, active ATCs, turntables, streamers etc.!
Claus

Post by Claus »

Fran! WOW! I do wonder where you get the time to finish these projects so quickly. Just a bit jealous...

Looks fantastic and bet it sounds great too. I would love another set of LFT-8's but I suspect that would be the end of my marriage! ;)

Dubber: Great gear! Sorry thought it looked like a Roadhouse ;) I never heard about the Cornford Carrera. Looks like a very versatile and sweet sounding home recording amp.