Sound of my set-up

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sumotan

Re: Sound of my set-up

Post by sumotan »

Ooops in my listening environment any music that I listen too is none fatiguing & sounds realistic to my ears. Audio is like food, everyone have different taste buds so Im in ways happy that I can cook it to my taste.

Cheers
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

Btw Cybot, if I may what speakers are you using ?
cybot

Post by cybot »

sumotan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:50 am Ooops in my listening environment any music that I listen too is none fatiguing & sounds realistic to my ears. Audio is like food, everyone have different taste buds so Im in ways happy that I can cook it to my taste.

Cheers
And, really, that's what counts, namely that you like what you've created. Good luck with your valve project....
cybot

Post by cybot »

sumotan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:56 am Btw Cybot, if I may what speakers are you using ?
Ah it's just an old fart's set up 🤓

My speakers are vintage Castle Howard's owned from the start almost 25 years ago. I only use turntables - both Nottingham Analogue : Spacedeck and Analogue Works One (a derivative of Tom Fletcher's final designs before he unfortunately passed on).
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

Thank you for the encouragement Cybot.
Wow you've got good equipment ya. I grew up being exposed to lots of vinyl hence my inspiration is to make my digital stuff sounds as analog as possible. That Castle Howard, is it the one with a small woofer mounted at the top ?
Would you be interested in a simple tweak to try out ?
cybot

Post by cybot »

sumotan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:11 pm Thank you for the encouragement Cybot.
Wow you've got good equipment ya. I grew up being exposed to lots of vinyl hence my inspiration is to make my digital stuff sounds as analog as possible. That Castle Howard, is it the one with a small woofer mounted at the top ?
Would you be interested in a simple tweak to try out ?
Aye the woofer on the roof ha ha!

Go on tell me about the simple tweak :)

And, yes, I definitely heard that analogue sound on your system....
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

Trust that your Howards are resting on spikes ? Regardless, go look for small wooden blocks or small solid piece of material of about 3 inch high, sit the speakers on 3 or 4 corners of the blocks, play music listen & let me know what you hear.
We'll take from there.

Cheers
cybot

Post by cybot »

sumotan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:56 pm Trust that your Howards are resting on spikes ? Regardless, go look for small wooden blocks or small solid piece of material of about 3 inch high, sit the speakers on 3 or 4 corners of the blocks, play music listen & let me know what you hear.
We'll take from there.

Cheers
I laughed out loud when I read your post! I break all the rules too :) I've abandoned spikes this long time. Doesn't work in my room whether they're on pavement slabs or three inch high gold nuggets ☺️ You see, I have a wooden floor, with a four foot basement beneath and I love that sonorous/bloom that I get without the spikes especially in the bass regions. I cannot stand a tight arsed sound. Never did. Never will.....

Thanks for the idea anyway as it's a good one for normal people in normal rooms lol!
sumotan

Post by sumotan »

No spikes is alright. Doesn't matter if your floor is wood. Just give it a try lift the speaker off the floor by 3 inch or so. Go give it another try.

Cheers
cybot

Post by cybot »

sumotan wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:22 pm No spikes is alright. Doesn't matter if your floor is wood. Just give it a try lift the speaker off the floor by 3 inch or so. Go give it another try.

Cheers
Don't tempt me 😱