FS: Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
hudo

FS: Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary

Post by hudo »

For sale this excellent amp:
https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/audio ... r/17292465

demo welcomed, I am in Dundrum/Dublin

reason for sale: got new speakers (focal 1028be) that requires gazillion of watts, so going for some class D amp, even Puccini 80W sounds really nice with big Focals and worked really well with previous 1007be focal standmount. New amps will arrive in ~3 weeks (mid March?), so after I get it I can borrow Puccini for home demo!
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > ATC SCM40
Claus

Re: FS: Audio Analogue Puccini Anniversary

Post by Claus »

Great amp! Heard this in Hudo’s setup and it sounded spectacular! Best of luck with the sale! What did you get to replace it? Sorry if I’ve missed a post about somewhere else..... :)
hudo

Post by hudo »

Thanks Claus :)

Amp worked really great with Focal 1007be, but those were replaced with big 1028be floorstanders which are power-hungry for at least 200W or more, so I went with Nord Acoustics NC500 class-D (400W) and Primaluna tube preamp.
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
Pi2AES LPSU > Holo Spring 3 KTE > Music Hall 7.1 > PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid > ATC SCM40
bonenut

Post by bonenut »

sitting here listening to my Nord One MP NC252,great amps.looking at one of his ice powered amps as well.good luck with your sale.
hudo

Post by hudo »

bonenut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:14 pm sitting here listening to my Nord One MP NC252,great amps.looking at one of his ice powered amps as well.good luck with your sale.
thanks.

I chose Hypex based amp because they behave better with speakers where impedance dips below 4 ohm, Ice is not good there. Just interested, how would ice compare to hypex or even pascal based class d amps?
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫
bonenut

Post by bonenut »

i have no experience with ice powered amps but i did have a rougeaudio alauda s2 which is a PASCAL M-PRO2 based amp and i loved it.i have them in a second system with a pair of atc speakers and a computer based system.they all suited my digital system perfectly,thats why i wanted to try the ice based amp next....looking at the apollon amps which are uk based.
hudo

Post by hudo »

bonenut wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:36 pm i have no experience with ice powered amps but i did have a rougeaudio alauda s2 which is a PASCAL M-PRO2 based amp and i loved it.i have them in a second system with a pair of atc speakers and a computer based system.they all suited my digital system perfectly,thats why i wanted to try the ice based amp next....looking at the apollon amps which are uk based.
I contacted apollon and nord, and they both suggested hypex based amps for my speaker and that price point (because it dips below 4ohm). So be sure to ask them ...
Nord and Apollon have pretty much the same amps, same ice/hypex module inside and almost the same opamp, don't think there's a significant sound and price difference. I chose Nord because they just released 4th opamp upgrade, so looks like its possible to upgrade the amp in year/two, which is nice
♪♫ sound sommelier ♪♫