Ground Loop Hum

jkeny

Re: Ground Loop Hum

Post by jkeny »

Cyndale wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:00 pm No, living in the ould sod here! Yeah, I saw the Ebtech all right! Thanks for all the information on ground loop!
I would try the Ebtech but the main thing you should do immediately is return the ground mains to all your high voltage amps - these can kill if something goes wrong!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

You could likely makeup a bridge rectifier earth to gnd power lead where the earth lead would be cut and the rectifier would be inserted in series
You could do that for less than a fiver
Dunno what the legislation would lie on that but it would be safe
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Diapason wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:41 pm I had a pair of amps that always hummed single ended but were fine via XLR. See how you get on!
XLR fixed the the problem also!
Deadly quiet now! Either with Entreq extra ground wire or without!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS