ISO devices reviews

jkeny

ISO devices reviews

Post by jkeny »

First "official" review of the ISO-DAC, ISO-HUB & ISO-PS TNT-audio http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/ciunas_isodac_e.html
As I said, it is difficult to say much more about such an excellent piece of hi-fi. Once again, I am left wondering how much more performance can be extracted from these computer audio playback devices. I felt that the early USB DACs sounded as good as a mid-range turntable. Now DACs like the ISO-DAC have (IMHO) equaled, or maybe surpassed the best turntables, and without the disadvantage of dealing with the clicks and pops of vinyl. So, with or without, the isolating hub function, I very strongly recommend the ISO-DAC, and thanks to Ciúnas Audio's 'home trial' policy, you can try one yourself for 30 days and then return it if you don't want to keep it. So, if you are looking for a USB DAC, or want to upgrade, I highly recommend the ISO-DAC!
Another one due to go online shortly on another major review site

Maybe time to do a tour of ISO devices if there's interest?
Last edited by jkeny on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ivor

Re: ISO devices reviews

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:10 pm First "official" review of the ISO-DAC, ISO-HUB & ISO-PS TNT-audio http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/ciunas_isodac_e.html
As I said, it is difficult to say much more about such an excellent piece of hi-fi. Once again, I am left wondering how much more performance can be extracted from these computer audio playback devices. I felt that the early USB DACs sounded as good as a mid-range turntable. Now DACs like the ISO-DAC have (IMHO) equaled, or maybe surpassed the best turntables, and without the disadvantage of dealing with the clicks and pops of vinyl. So, with or without, the isolating hub function, I very strongly recommend the ISO-DAC, and thanks to Ciúnas Audio's 'home trial' policy, you can try one yourself for 30 days and then return it if you don't want to keep it. So, if you are looking for a USB DAC, or want to upgrade, I highly recommend the ISO-DAC!
Another one due to go online shortly on Enjoythemusic

Maybe time to do a tour of ISO devices if there's interest?

Nice one John.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:55 pm Nice one John.
Thanks Ivor
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

well done John. I'd love a listen at some stage.....
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Fran wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:56 pm well done John. I'd love a listen at some stage.....
Thanks Fran - I'll get one down to you soon & If there's enough interest you might send it on a tour of TnaF members in Ireland?
Just keeping it to Ireland for logistics purposes although if there is enough interest from members of one country it's feasible to tour it in that country.
It's relatively small, about the size of a hand & light (about 500g) so cheap to post onwards within a country.

Maybe those interested (if any) could post here & I can create a ordered list?
www.Ciunas.biz
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Great review , congratulations John
RoonServer Atech Mini 300 AO Ciunas 19V Giso
Office: Lush Ciunas ISO-DAC Tivoli 1
Kitchen: Meridian F80
Living: Consonance wax engine Ciunas 12V Sugden A21a Phono Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNS IFI ZenStream
Eist Audio Dubh
Kubala Sosna
Finite rack
Meicord
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tonymc wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:06 pm Great review , congratulations John
Thanks Tony!
www.Ciunas.biz
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

No problem John - I'm sure we can arrange it easily enough!

Well done on the review btw, not easy to get those kinds of recommendations!
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Another press review of the ISO device - "Digital done Right" in Enjoythemusic
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/e ... Review.htm

Excerpt from the Conclusion:
I believe the isolation and reclocking/regeneration techniques used with the ISO products are a real step forward for digital replay at a relatively affordable price. The signature of the ISO devices is one of precision, detail and life.

For those with an S/PDIF DAC I can heartily recommend the ISO-SPDIF for those with a PC (Windows, Apple or Linux) to connect to their DAC. For those eschewing PCs then the Raspberry Pi has fully come of age with the addition of the Allo DigiOne S/PDIF board, ideally with power supplied via the ISO-PS.

There are many options; maybe one of these options will form the basis for enhancing your digital playback.

I have to say it again – digital done right!
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

Nice John another bit of good press
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.