Cheap & cheerful rack wanted

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
TrickyDicky

Cheap & cheerful rack wanted

Post by TrickyDicky »

As I'm hoping to have a little more time on my hands shortly, I'm putting together a couple of components lying around in the old playroom / new man-cave. I'm wondering if anyone in the Dublin/Wicklow area has a spare stand that they're not using and would like to sell it on. Not looking for anything fancy (or large), just something simple.
R
Thinkfloyd

Re: Cheap & cheerful rack wanted

Post by Thinkfloyd »

I don't have anything for sale, but I made myself a cheap and cheerful setup from Ikea bits a year back. I posted a picture and a list of the bits on reddit - have a look here if you're interested. https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments ... kea_parts/
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I may have an Apollo glass and metal rack that looks a bit like this:

under the bed, although it's possible that I already donated it to my brother. I'll check later if that's any use.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I saw this on adverts recently and thought it looked lovely

http://www.adverts.ie/13883973

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Thanks a million folks for the replies. Apollo would have been perfect
Might be sorted - http://www.adverts.ie/13896522
Fingers crossed.
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

For €75 I can sort out Nordstone Bergen 2 Hi-Fi Rack.
Not suitable for my equipment.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Just checked, the Apollo is still here, although my memory of what it looks like is flawed (too many brain cells killed by wine since I last used this rack obviously). It doesn't have 4 pillars like the one in the photo, it has 2, one each on the left and right. Anyway, it's here if you're stuck.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

like this? looks a nice rack
1627267-apollo-concerto-5-hi-fi-fully-welded-audio-rack.resized.jpg
1627267-apollo-concerto-5-hi-fi-fully-welded-audio-rack.resized.jpg (107.57 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ha, it's not like that one either. Just how many racks have Apollo made??

It has the same clean lines as the first one, with the same cylindrical pillars, and just the glass shelves, not the extra metal frame underneath. But it has the 2 pillars like the second one alright.

Maybe I should do being lazy and just put it together for a photo!
Alltheyoungdudes

Post by Alltheyoungdudes »

I've one of these if you're interested....it's an Alphasson. (I'm in Cabinteely)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SY300_.jpg