It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

nige2000

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by nige2000 »

Sligolad wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:26 pm Looking good Nige....whats the plan for finishing the front panels, masking tape on the windows and lacquer spray before assembly or after asembly?
Hmnn don't know what the procedure is exactly there's some sort of polish to go on it
Fran will have to enlighten us

If you look closely the windows I cut out aren't perfect
But still reasonably good

Also I found I was only getting good at it by the time I was done
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

How did yesterday go guys...any sounds yet.

Some pics from the last day below.

Post by nige2000 »

Cancelled yesterday too
Didn't think it was worth pulling everything out for all myself and tony would get done
Need to get back to a scenario where we've got 4 or more at a build day think it would be far more productive
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

The day finally arrived...just before 3 pm today the first amp finally produced music and within an hour a second amp was producing music.
It was a great day with some very concentrated work by Fran and Nige to figure out the final wiring and finish the electrical wiring on 2 amps.

We now have 2 good templates to finish the remaining amps.
We retired to the front room at the end of the day to hear the first amp on the Open Baffle speakers and the combination sounded stunning.
Amazing work guys.

Post by Georgi »

Hmm, nice. Looking forward to hear them. :)
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Sounding excellent here both last night and this morning. So, yes we have templates now to follow and its all working out nicely..... There was a brief moment when powered up and got no sound. Cue much tracing and probing with meters. Worried looks from all..... Until Pearse tipped the test speaker forward and it jumped to life! Much relief all round!

021201810371.jpg
021201810371.jpg (90.31 KiB) Viewed 775 times
0212018103715.jpg
0212018103715.jpg (82.17 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Those are just alu rods sticking out the front so i could turn up and down volume btw - haven't put the knobs on yet. Feet need to be put on as well. In time we may want to add a little L bracket to prevent any flex in the back panel. She is quiet as the grave (or your souce) and cool. Front panel looks great, LEDs all work perfectly and are matched in brightness to the voltmeters. There's a few other small bits to tidy up but bar an hour or so, this one (and #2) is finished.

We're nearly there folks!!!
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Congratulation folks!

Looking awsome and I really would like to have a chance to listen to one of them in future..
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fantastic. Of course I'll avoid hearing them. It might prove depressing. (May not be true)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

suffice to say im grinning from ear to ear