Go BIG or go HOME... Class A amplification done Lifepo4 style

nige2000

Re: Go BIG or go HOME... Class A amplification done Lifepo4 style

Post by nige2000 »

fly in the ointment, no stock 8ah anywhere was on to factory not in production atm
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Have to admire your stamina Nigel , to embark again on another pair of monos. The effort is worth it though, mine are running beautifully and have been ultra stable and reliable since build was complete just before Christmas.

Listeners welcome.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

this is gonna be a slow process for me,
its not my first priority as i want to finish up some other projects as i get the opportunity
so ill buy a few parts and build a bit and over the next few months,
hopefully the batteries will become available
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Ken Moreland wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 pm Have to admire your stamina Nigel , to embark again on another pair of monos. The effort is worth it though, mine are running beautifully and have been ultra stable and reliable since build was complete just before Christmas.

Listeners welcome.
Whats the story with the red jumper is that there for acoustic dampening purposes?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

It's acoustically inert, yours for 50 €
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jrling

Post by jrling »

nige - have you thought about these?

http://eclipsebikes.com/product_info.php?products_id=90

Thought pricing was quite competitive.
Appreciate they are not same case format, but they are able to be packaged up with these plastic endcaps and screw terminals looked handy?
http://eclipsebikes.com/product_info.php?products_id=93

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Yea I've come across them before, but there still pretty expensive the 8 ah wina should be under 15 euro
On top of that the system works very well
because pearses cradles are the business
There would be plenty of work in other solutions
I think the 10ah ones are 20euro it they would still fit the cradle with very little modification
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

did a bit more

pic at kens a few weeks ago
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Ken Moreland wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 pm Have to admire your stamina Nigel , to embark again on another pair of monos. The effort is worth it though, mine are running beautifully and have been ultra stable and reliable since build was complete just before Christmas.

Listeners welcome.
Nice, what's the chance to hear that set up? :)
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Georgi, weekday or Sundays , pick your time. K