Neil Young Archive available free of charge

james

Neil Young Archive available free of charge

Post by james »

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/03/n ... public/

"....
Neil Young's huge online music archive opens to the public
It's much more than your usual artist page.

Neil Young has been talking up his giant online archive for ages, but he's finally ready to deliver on his promises. The veteran Canadian rocker has launched the simply-titled Neil Young Archives, a website that includes all the media he has produced to date. And we do mean everything -- every song Young has made is available to stream for free (until June 30th 2018) through his Xstream Music service, including unreleased tracks.

Young naturally makes a big deal out of the audio quality, which improves the stronger your connection gets. He even devotes his introductory message to a long diatribe about Apple's music quality choices on top of explaining how the archive works. Young would prefer that you listen on a computer, and even has a guide to help set up access on your home stereo.

Overkill? You bet. And ultimately, it's serving as a sales pitch for Xstream. However, it's still miles above the typical musician page offering the occasional freebie and a few music videos. This is an insight into Young's entire history as an artist, not just a promotion for his latest album.
..."

I have not actually tried this myself.

James
"Change is Possible" [Parking Meter in Dundrum Shopping Centre]
Cyndale

Re: Neil Young Archive available free of charge

Post by Cyndale »

Thanks for the link, definitely plenty to keep one busy trawling through his career! Might even encourage me to buy some of the LPs I passed over.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Wow! Thanks for that James! To misquote one of his songs :)

I'm gonna listen
till the morning comes
till the morning comes,
till the morning comes.
Cyndale

Post by Cyndale »

Really enjoying surfing through this website. Just so much stuff to enjoy!
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Great site, tonnes of info.
Thanks
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.