Post by Fran »

Ken: second PM sent with details...

jkeny: 2ish to 6ish.....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Modest

Re: Forum Meet Up Anyone?

Post by Modest »

Thank you Fran and all the lads,for such great time :)
I enjoy system equipment - sound and music
Looking forward for such meetings
Regards
Modest
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Yes, agreed, Fran, thanks for hosting this meet-up - great to meet the "OLD" faces & some new faces too!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yes, it was great!!

we should be doing it more often. Modest took a few photos, so we might see some of the ugly mugs in a while!!

Thanks to you all who made the effort to travel to deepest darkest Kildare - hope you got out alive!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

'twas a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon alright. Nice to meet a few new faces too. Many thanks to Fran for hosting it. The vinyl was the highlight for me. The Tom Waits and Muddy records that were played sounded particulary good. Hmmmm ...I could be tempted to add a turntable at some stage.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I mentioned today a steaming radio station, streaming flac - here it is http://radio.cesnet.cz/
A classical streaming station. I believe it is in an experimental stage and the only one of it's kind. It makes available 16 bit 48khz signal streamed. It does need a high bandwidth connection.

I have only got the flac stream working with VLC playback software so far - Enjoy!

Maybe I should post in the classical section also?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Enjoyed the day yesterday,great sounds and very impressive vinyl. Good to meet everyone and many thanks to Fran and his family for their welcome and hospitality.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Modest

Post by Modest »

Some shots from yesterday :)

Sorry for bad picture quality I use cheap camera ,but next time I bring proper one :)
2012 R2 server/JK 32DAC/Audio Innovations L2 preamp/Audio Innovations 800MK3 power/Impulse H2 horn speakers /Linn LP12 ,ittok lvii/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo2 /Avid,Inakustik,Acrotec cables
Modest

Post by Modest »

I like this one :)
True audiophile look and BlackSheep cable :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Great day alright, probably the only company in which I feel "normal". Thanks again to Fran and his patient family. I'd say that blacksheep above is about ready for shearing. ;)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable