Selling a mint Goldring Lenco GL69

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Irish Scorcher

Selling a mint Goldring Lenco GL69

Post by Irish Scorcher »

I am selling an absolutely mint direct drive Goldring Lenco GL 69, big brother if the famed GL75, to offset the purchase of a Regar Planar 3.

It's a beauty but I already have a Lenco L78 with an Orthofon 212 arm and a Das Acoustic plinth.

I am the second owner. I bought it off a man in Lucan who got it for his 21st birthday back in the 60s. I have written his name and the date of purchase on the underside of the turntable

These decks are similar (and fully interchangeable) with their much more heralded GL75 successors, but they have a metal platter and their bearing is smaller because their metal platter is lighter in weight.

The tonearm on the GL 69 is radically different with a square counterweight. The original arm was tarnished and had an odd looking black counterweight so I sourced and added a new tonearm with a matching chrome counterweight. It is absolutely mint and came in its original packaging. I still have the original arm and black counterweight.

I also have a spare GL75 bearing I can include (they are interchangeable) to allow upgrade to a heavier non-magnetic platter. Many people double deck them by adding a platter. And I have a full Goldring Lenco GL75 arm (including head shell, weight, stylus and cartridge) that will facilitate a complete tonearm change. That done, it's a GL75 but without an arm lift/drop lever.

I had the original veneered plinth repainted gloss white and added genuine Lenco L78 feet. It looks lovely.

I can send photos if anyone is interested. I have a nice dust cover for it but it cost €150 just a month and a half ago and I will probably keep it for the Rega unless someone wants to make an offer very, very close to what I paid for it.

Anyone interested, please feel free to get in touch and I'll arrange a viewing and demo.

Cheers,

Robbie
(I got gear fever and I can't find a cure)
Ivor

Re: Selling a mint Goldring Lenco GL69

Post by Ivor »

We love to see ads with history and provenance but we like prices too Robbie. It's best all round for everyone if you put a price on it, some might think it out of their league otherwise!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Irish Scorcher

Er, a price for mint Goldring Lenco GL69

Post by Irish Scorcher »

Hi Ivor,

Apologies to you and to all.

I would have to get €350 for it given the condition (factory) and the investment made in a as-new replacement chrome arm and for having someone put five coats of enamel gloss paint on the original plinth.

It has a mint vintage Shure M44-7 cartridge and original N-447 Shure stylus.

It comes with the original manual, a Goldring Lenco stribodisc, the original (tarnished) arm with its unusual black square mounting cap and matching (removable) square black counterweight. I have original packaging for the arm, including fitting instruction leaflet.

I have the name and address of the original owner, and the date he received the deck for his 21st birthday - June 1970!

If anyone buying this GLG9 is interested in upgrading it to GL75 spec, I will accept reasonable all-in offers for the parts I bought with this in mind:
• An interchangeable GL75 bearing
• A complete GL75 arm (with big weight, little weights, corkscrew, etc) and a GL75 head shell with Acos GP71 cartridge and a new stylus.

I had a new custom made 4mm perspex dust cover with lifting cuts that sits beautifully on the plinth but I will have to get close to the €140 I paid (overpaid?!) for it.
Ivor

Re: Selling a mint Goldring Lenco GL69

Post by Ivor »

No need for apologies Robbie... I think the price of €350 might be very tempting for some here... best of luck!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable