New member, few words intro.

Georgi

New member, few words intro.

Post by Georgi »

Hi, my name is Georgi, live in Dublin. I enjoy good quality music, any type of music, well, maybe I'm not in to classical music, but I do enjoy some classic. :) Lately, I find myself to listen more classical and funky jazz, I like good hard rock as well. Don't kill me for that. :)

My system is very 'entry' level, compare to some of yours systems, but the sound is not that bad. :)
Most of my gear is modified or DIY, by myself or a friend of mine, who is in to the DIY very much.

There is a short list:
Amps: Yamaha AX-1090 /heavily modified/
Hybrid amplifier /custom made/
DAC: Parasound D/AC 1000 /modified/
CD player: Pioneer DV-717 /cheap shit, I know/
Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver 6
Speaker cables: Furutech + Furutech Gold connectors
Interconnects: Furutech + Rhodium connectors
Power cables: Furutech + Oyaide connectors

I can post some photos at later stage, if anyone have some interest. :)
I would love to meet with all of yous and share the passion for good music and sound, compare some equipment etc.
cybot

Re: New member, few words intro.

Post by cybot »

Welcome to the Forum Georgi!

Never EVER apologise for your system. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder no matter what the cost. Everyone to their own.....Enjoy your stay.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Welcome Georgi,

The music that you listen to is music to your ears. I too like Rock. I listen to just about every type of music except Opera and music from the popular stage shows. Whatever music you listen to, as long as you enjoy it, keep on listening to it.

This is a welcoming forum. So relax, pour yourself a glass of something and sit down and enjoy the trip.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
tony

Post by tony »

Welcome Georgi as the lads advised this place is fairly relaxed compared to most forums.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Welcome Georgi!!!
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Hi Georgi, welcome to the club!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

Thanks for the welcoming. :)
Georgi

Post by Georgi »

There some overview on my set up. Its not very HI-FI orientated, but I have to deal with the limitations as well, wife, kids, etc. :)
Attachments
20160927_124548.jpg
20160927_124548.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Very nice setup Georgi, that's for from "entry level"! We all have to make compromises with family (and rooms, and budgets and time and on and on and on!). You're very welcome to the forum, feel free to comment and contribute anywhere....
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

And I'll tell you something else: you wouldn't be the only one who likes good hard rock! My teenage self would have been delighted to hear that I'm going to Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses and Iron Maiden this year.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2