What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Here's another one I'd recommend you check out :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/CDs-Vinyl/R- ... hers+vinyl
I have that on (ahem) decent quality digital download. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. If I like it I'll buy it on vinyl.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:
Here's another one I'd recommend you check out :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/CDs-Vinyl/R- ... hers+vinyl
I have that on (ahem) decent quality digital download. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. If I like it I'll buy it on vinyl.
Surprisingly enough I didn't vomit! My own Fiio gave me (digital) hope and, all I can say is, it's a brilliant little player even on grubby MP3 vouchers I usually get with the vinyl.....
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Picked these up at the weekend.

Inna de Yard - Soul of Jamaica

Jesus & Mary Chain -Damage & Joy. Great new album.

3 different but all very good.
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
bod

Post by bod »

cybot

Post by cybot »

bod wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:22 pm Image

Wow! What a gorgeous looking set. I had the vinyl only set briefly in my hands a week ago and......I walked away. It was sealed and all that so I didn't go looking for reasons to buy it.

So.....what's it like? Sonically? Outtakes/extras - are they worthwhile? To a real fan probably but I lost touch with them a long time ago.....
bod

Post by bod »

Which one? 2112 hasn`t arrived yet, got it for €66 from Amazon yesterday so decent value as it`s usually at least twice that price, but no idea if the extras are any use. The Alice in Chains version of "Tears" is really good though so here`s hoping (it`s up on youtube). The Soundgarden box is really nice. Sounds decent too even though they are picture discs. Only listened to Disc 1 so far but very happy with the mastering and cut/press. I have a fair few of the tunes on the 12" singles from back then, but A&M records were only using recycled bin-liners for vinyl in those days so it`s an immediate improvement over those versions.
cybot

Post by cybot »

bod wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm Which one? 2112 hasn`t arrived yet, got it for €66 from Amazon yesterday so decent value as it`s usually at least twice that price, but no idea if the extras are any use. The Alice in Chains version of "Tears" is really good though so here`s hoping (it`s up on youtube). The Soundgarden box is really nice. Sounds decent too even though they are picture discs. Only listened to Disc 1 so far but very happy with the mastering and cut/press. I have a fair few of the tunes on the 12" singles from back then, but A&M records were only using recycled bin-liners for vinyl in those days so it`s an immediate improvement over those versions.
Yeah the extras don't look that desirable. You did well with the price too. 'Recycled bin-liners' - that's a good one! My thinnest vinyl is Roy Buchanan's Ist and Neil Young's Decade....thinner than a liner :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

cybot wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:27 pm
bod wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:03 pm Which one? 2112 hasn`t arrived yet, got it for €66 from Amazon yesterday so decent value as it`s usually at least twice that price, but no idea if the extras are any use. The Alice in Chains version of "Tears" is really good though so here`s hoping (it`s up on youtube). The Soundgarden box is really nice. Sounds decent too even though they are picture discs. Only listened to Disc 1 so far but very happy with the mastering and cut/press. I have a fair few of the tunes on the 12" singles from back then, but A&M records were only using recycled bin-liners for vinyl in those days so it`s an immediate improvement over those versions.
Thanks for the info! The extras don't look that desirable. You did well with the price too. 'Recycled bin-liners' - that's a good one! My thinnest vinyl is Roy Buchanan's Ist and Neil Young's Decade....thinner than a liner :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

At last after a 50 year wait Cream's legendary 1967 Detroit gig on a double helping of blue wax. Expensive but worth the wait.....

Last edited by cybot on Wed May 31, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Was in Harrogate, Yorkshire last weekend and dropped into a small record shop, Evil Eye Vinyl. Really nice owner and an excellent selection. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.
Picked up a mixed bag of 7 records for £40. Probably the best quality second hand records I have ever got. Everyone of them superb, not a scratch or click.
Great Ian Drury songs on the Stiff Live album.
Image Image

Image Image Image Also got Texas Country - 2 lp set Willie Nelson, Freddy Fender and Asleep at the Wheel. Good album
And AL Stewart 'Time Passages'
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.