It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

tony

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by tony »

Couple of possible reasons for this. Your remote location, you are just unfortunate to have lazy drivers assigned to your route or a deliberate policy by these companies to minimize run times i.e. wait until they have a few deliveries in the area.

I sympathise with the poor couriers, lost count of the amount of time I have spent driving around trying to find your place! Tierworker signposts change to Letachment!! Whats that all about??
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

right both arrived today

when the address is correct
and with eircode and phone no. attached
there's no excuse for driving packages 10 mins within their destination and bring them back to the depot 3 days in a row
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Never seen a tracking record like that before....does not make any sense unless the package was broken up at some point due to weight or it came apart...just guessing!

Post by nige2000 »

shop.i-tecc.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/42df62d03baf596461e6c5e803c09427/m/e/metallverbinder_wina_10ah.jpg

I'm looking for something like this
any one got any ideas
Hole spacing is about 20mm and bout 1mm thick
For m6 poles

These would be the best way of connecting cells but they will cost 1.50 Ish from this supplier and we need 20 per amp
To my mind they should only be bout 20 cent each
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

What about just forming 2.5mm copper instead?
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

With the build quality look and finish of the rest of the project I thought these would be nice
I thought these might be sold cheaply somewhere I'm not looking
2.5 solid copper can be backup plan
Mike19

Post by Mike19 »

nige2000 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 am shop.i-tecc.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/42df62d03baf596461e6c5e803c09427/m/e/metallverbinder_wina_10ah.jpg

I'm looking for something like this
any one got any ideas
Hole spacing is about 20mm and bout 1mm thick
For m6 poles

These would be the best way of connecting cells but they will cost 1.50 Ish from this supplier and we need 20 per amp
To my mind they should only be bout 20 cent each
I would prefer to use anti-shake washers aka star washers aka toothed washers plus ordinary washer plus locking nuts or two nuts 1 on top of other
Mike
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I can't find anything easy on line other than manufacturing companies wanting to sell 10k pieces etc. I'll pop in to my local wholesaler in the morning and ask do they know of a supplier. If its not used in eg every fuseboard then its unlikely to be available cheaply.

What about forming the links from 2.5mm wire and then giving them a squeeze on a press to flatten them?
Do or do not, there is no try
Terry

Post by Terry »

System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

i think Fran has the Battery connector link things sourced
which is great coz wiring it up was gonna be a real pain other ways

but dont worry there is still plenty of tedious work making wiring looms for the psu boards to go round

i have made a start with the cases with the very impressive top, bottom and rear panels
really glad we went with them even though it raised the cost