So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
DaveF

Re: So this where you are all hiding...Cloney Show anyone going?

Post by DaveF »

Adrian wrote: Two CD albums both exactly the same.
also instead of using synth driven music as I heard in the demo yesterday, use samples of music with instruments that humans can more easily identify with. Perhaps a brief a description beforehand of how many performers there are in the piece, etc etc. Initially play it a few times on a setup without the cones to let people familiarise themselves with it.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

Great reading lads, keep them coming :-) I know, in my case I cannot make a snap decision under pressure even if it's a home demo! One word stands out: FAMILIARITY....
cybot

Post by cybot »

[quote="DaveF"]Thanks for the link Dermot.

You're welcome Dave. BTW did you get your turntable playback problem sorted?
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:..did you get your turntable playback problem sorted?
I think its ok now. I made some very subtle changes to the tracking weight and that seems to have sorted it out.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Any thoughts from today's visitors?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I'd kill for one of those rebuilt turntables. I was delighted to meet Darius, the guy who did the work. Very impressive.

The elac speakers are impressive, as are the meridian active speakers. The new System Audio ones too. It was a good show and great to meet a few of the lads again but it's even better to come home and be happy with what's there.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
JAW

Post by JAW »

Went in on a whim today, I hadn't planned on going. It was a far better show than last year. I got there about 2.30 and it wasn't that busy. Very impressed with the Arcam rDac and Elac Micromagic. In fact I bought the show pair of Elac 150's (Active monitors at €499 the pair), and looking forward to hooking them up tonight. I bought them as the rear pair for the home cinema, but I'll give them a blast as a stereo pair first. Noel was happy with the event and I bumped into Fergus there who was buying up mains cables to beat the band.
I was disappointed with the Classe and System Audio set up, I don't think that I could live the sound it produced.
JFK

Post by JFK »

Was there only for a short time today , Credit card was being monitored remotely by the wife ....Was impressed with the little Arcam R cube , very Listenable sound and completely wireless ..
Went to the Classe /Systemaudio room and marched straight back out , did not like the sound there at all , very impressed with the Elac range of speakers and the B&W range .
On to the Sonos room , Not much music played , More talking than anything else .
Its great to see Noel and the lads make such a serious effort and i hope some of you picked up some bargains ..
Hope to get my hands on some of those Elac speakers in the new year
Thanks to Noel and the lads
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Ivor: what you need is a rebuilt lenco - thats where the smart money is!!
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

thanks Fran, shockin' decent of ye!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable