SOLD: EAR/Yoshino 859 Integrated Amp

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
ConorW

SOLD: EAR/Yoshino 859 Integrated Amp

Post by ConorW »

Now sold and on its way to a good home in Holland. Thanks Dick.

Doing a little consolidation and clear out of some equipment I have accumulated.

EAR 859 Tube Amp - excellent condition. €1300
This amp was serviced by EAR in the UK in mid 2015. I have the service documentation for that.

Same model as this image. Just posting on the forum site for now.

Last edited by ConorW on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
Dickvanoosten

Re: EAR/Yoshino 859 Integrated Amp

Post by Dickvanoosten »

dear Sir,

Any parts replaced during the service in 2015?

What age is the amplifier?

In what condition in a scale from 1 to 10 . 10 being immaculate?

What is your lowest price ?

When was the last valve exchange?

With regard,

Dick van Oosten
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Hi Dick
I am the second owner of the amp so I don't know the exact age of it. I would think it is about 16 years old, in that region.

EAR serviced the amp and fixed a minor problem with one of the control dials, replacing an internal piece. They did a full check of the system. The valves were all good so nothing needed to be replaced.

I would say the condition is about a 9. There are no external marks or damage to to it. Excellent condition.

I would take 1,100 euro for it now, on this forum. It is incredibly well built and sounds superb.

Conor
Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
Dickvanoosten

Post by Dickvanoosten »

Dear Conor,

I must make my apologise for not answering you reply. I am not used to buy equipment on forums. I was waiting for a mail from you. I am sorry. I was reallly interested in the EAR 859.

With regard

Dick van Oosten
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Hi Dick,
The amp is still available if you are still interested.
I will send you a personal message reply on the email.

Thanks
Conor
ConorW

Re: SOLD: EAR/Yoshino 859 Integrated Amp

Post by ConorW »

Now sold and on its way to a good home in Holland. Thanks Dick.