Sold! GRAAF Modena monoblocks for sale

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Diapason

Sold! GRAAF Modena monoblocks for sale

Post by Diapason »

I never thought I'd do this, but I've decided to sell my beloved GRAAF monoblocks. They are the special edition version of the fabled GM20, with consecutive serial numbers, finished in Ferrari silver, 70w per channel, Output-Transformerless (OTL), designed to be used with speakers of 4 ohm and above. They can be modified for use as stereo amps rather than monoblocks, but power output drops to 25w per channel and they are recommended only for 8 ohm speakers in that configuration. I never really intended to sell them and thought I'd keep them forever, but I can't justify leaving them unused and gathering dust.

These are genuinely gorgeous amps, sounding open, fast and very natural. If they worked well into the impedance dips of my Sonus Fabers, I'd still be using them, as I really liked their sound with my Kharmas. They also sound particularly gorgeous with Quads and are very popular in the Far East for use with 57s and 63s if the forums over there are anything to go by.

I've owned them since the end of 2011 and they haven't missed a beat. You can read my ravings at the time in the "Adventures in Amplification" thread.

Here are a few photos:

There a few older photos in my system here. More information and specs can be found on GRAAF's flickr stream here.

I'm asking €4,000 for the pair. Don't bother low-balling, as I just won't sell them!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Diapason

Re: GRAAF Modena monoblocks for sale

Post by Diapason »

I might as well give this a little bump.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
fbach

Post by fbach »

Hi, do you offer international mailing? I am in Taiwan, and the voltage is 110V, I am not sure Europe voltage machines can use in Taiwan or not.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

These are 230V but I think it's just a change of fuse on the rear panel to convert to 110V operation. The problem is I only have the box for one monoblock, so Taiwan might be difficult...
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Hi everyone, these amps are now residing at Cloney Audio.
Plainview

Post by Plainview »

Just wanted to say that I saw these Amps in Cloney's at the weekend.
They must be one of the best looking pieces of hifi I've ever seen.
Unfortunately I am moving towards less boxes not more so had to say no -- but I couldn't recommend highly enough a visit to Cloney to view/hear!
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thanks Plainview.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

These are now sold.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:These are now sold.
Well done lad.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ivor wrote:
Diapason wrote:These are now sold.
Well done lad.
Ta, although I'm already wondering what to spend the proceeds on...