Full English Brexit!

panda2rom

Re: Full English Brexit!

Post by panda2rom »

"Will our voice be weaker or stronger when at the negotiation table without UK?".
I'd say you'll get a voice now :P
-Seriously, Europe is about consensus. Reason.
Everyone agreeing on something.
It's not that the UK had a strong voice.
It's just they abused the system, and fucked with it.

You guys don't even start to realise how pissed the EU/countries are at them.
The Brits struggled 10 years to get in EU.
Having them on board has been a negociators nightmare for 40 years.
They had special privilege given to them (Thatcher).
They had special privilege given to them AGAIN (Cameron).
And they are living ?!
It's not just a bullet in the leg on an economic point of view !
Before that, it's political suicide !

I mean, all of that is happening during the summer, vacation time, football euro...

All that bitching about how EU is wicked, useless, etc...
It's not that our politicians in our own countries are genius anyway.
Nor in britain... it seems their new prime minister has been a banana seller :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... es-be.html

Some might have some weird syndrome :)
Nigel Farage backtracks on Leave campaign's '£350m for the NHS' pledge hours after result.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 99906.html

And in the end, sure, some rich countries (like the French and German) gives more money to the EU, than what they get in return. But, hey, read the EU leaflet, that's also what EU is about : helping new members developping.
But they decided to read the leaflet after voting anyway :
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... -leave-it/

Sorry, can't help myself :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Adrian wrote: Will our voice be weaker or stronger when at the negotiation table without UK?
Ireland has always boxed way above its weight in Europe, partly because we're articulate, partly because Ireland doesn't have HUGE industries to protect but mostly because we're actually very tough negotiators without creating enemies. It's just a natural Irish thing. If we use our position wisely our voice can be stronger.

The working language of the EU is English and that's a huge advantage to us... despite Brexit that's unlikely to change because everybody speaks it.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

panda2rom wrote: All that bitching about how EU is wicked, useless, etc...
It's not that our politicians in our own countries are genius anyway.

the EU is far from perfect but it's not evil either. "Unelected officials" are just civil servants at a European level. In fact EU officials tend to be genuine experts in their sectors and the whole process is overseen and signed off on by the elected officials (MEPs) of the European Parliament anyway. I'd far prefer to have laws drafted by EU experts, in tandem with national experts, than leave it to politicians and their lobby groups.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Satrus

Post by Satrus »

Diapason wrote:
Satrus wrote: My thoughts on this development, unwanted as it is, is maybe now Irish Audio Dealers and importers can source European and U.S. audio equipment directly from the manufacturers without having to go through a British Importer who has the distribution rights for the Irish Republic as well! It is something that has angered me for a long while. We are hit with a Sterling surcharge and our European neighbours can buy the same components for less all because the importer/dealer here has to source the component through the United Kingdom.
Honestly, that was one of my first thoughts on Friday morning as I drove into work. Is it possible that this will mark the end of Absolute Sounds' stranglehold on the high-end marques?
It would be the best thing that ever happened. It is absolutely insane and without reason that a U.K. importer of high end audio components should have distribution rights over a separate legal jurisdiction (Republic of Ireland) which uses a different currency and which going forward will be part of the European Union, unlike the United Kingdom. I hope that the people on the ground here are looking at this and taking the necessary steps. There are many others in the U.K. who have similar distribution rights for the ROI. I read a post here not so long ago about somebody who wanted to buy Sonus Faber loudspeakers but the local dealer/importer had to source the speakers via the U.K. importer and suffer the dreaded Sterling surcharge. The very same speakers, manufactured in Italy, can be purchased for significantly less money throughout the European Union. That annoys me intensely, because we in the ROI are being 'ripped off' because of this ridiculous arrangement. If we could extricate ourselves from this crazy stranglehold it could only have positive results for high end audio in this country. Frankly, it would make more sense to me if an importer based in Germany, Netherlands, France etc. had distribution rights for the ROI. At least, we all use the same currency. I am sure it must be very frustrating for the dealers/importers here who are trying to sell high end equipment to make a living?
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Article on the FT today, those cunning French have suggested English not bet he official language of the EU, given only 1% of the population have English as their official language one can see why!!

Sterling now at 83.4 for a euro...keep your powder dry boys, we should hit 90p soon as the roof caves in over the UK.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

I guess i really need to tell you the awfull truth :
English never was the official langage of Europe !
-There 3 are "working langage" for the EU : german, french and english.

And i f i may, (you can turn up the volume to hear the original version).
That's how the UKIP leader is talking to Europe Parliament.
Go to minute 3, and take a master class in negociation.

https://www.facebook.com/fr.euronews/vi ... 260648291/
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

An intriguing read from the Guardians Comments section:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

panda2rom wrote:I guess i really need to tell you the awfull truth :
English never was the official langage of Europe !
-There 3 are "working langage" for the EU : german, french and english.
There are many official languages in the EU, including Irish.

What I said earlier was that English is the main working language of the EU and it is. I worked with some groups which had their origins in the Benelux days where the French would insist on the meetings being conducted in French - a ludicrous situation where maybe ten to twelve delegates, all fluent English speakers, had to employ two interpreters (both French of course) to proceed with a meeting. This also led to agreed minutes taking weeks rather than days as the meaning of a single word could be contentious.
The French will, on principle, try to have future meetings held in French but for practical reasons it's unlikely to happen. Existing groups will carry on as they are and newer groups, with the common language of English, will resist any moves to work through French and all the complications that brings.

peelaaa

Post by peelaaa »

Rocker wrote:An intriguing read from the Guardians Comments section:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.
Hope this is correct! otherwise ireland will be right up the sh* as well as uk
pink

Post by pink »

it was democratic choice of peoples of UK why is so hard to accept that, it is done.
UK is not the first country to leave EU and not the last if EU does not change soon.

why sometimes people leave boat that is not sinking??, because they realize where is heading.
Enda Kenny just found another excuse to beg Angela Merkel for more many "Lets keep the recovery going" ehh.