Vinyl/Analogue Get together - Sunday 29th May

Rocker

Re: Vinyl/Analogue Get together - Sunday 29th May

Post by Rocker »

Wishing you all a great day. Sorry I cannot be with you, perhaps next time. Looking forward to the reports...
It's OK, if there is no bread I will eat cake.

Beware of a thin chef!
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

No bother lads. It's swing here. Enjoy the weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Gerry, thanks for a wonderful afternoon. Had a blast. Great to meet yourself and all the lads from the forum. Was introduced to some lovely new sounds as well. Love the new speakers. Congratulations on them
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks to Gerry and Fran for such a great afternoon. The new speakers really look excellent and sounded great. The new larger speakers have a much larger scale than then original Eist Dubhs. Nice to meet some new and familiar faces and also to get to hear how you odd balls listen to music! Very strange indeed
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Thanks for an enjoyable day
i liked the design of the new speakers with a more robust sound with the dual drivers
looking at the wood veneer samples i could imagine them looking really really good in wood

great to hear Ivors gear too its top notch, but even better to meet and catch up with everbody
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:Thanks for an enjoyable day
i liked the design of the new speakers with a more robust sound with the dual drivers
looking at the wood veneer samples i could imagine them looking really really good in wood

great to hear Ivors gear too its top notch, but even better to meet and catch up with everbody
Thanks for the kind words Nigel but in all honesty my system was no better than the others on display, that said I thought the standard was very high. Gerry's ATM2 + neat (German?) turntable were stunning, Fran's Denon deck and Cary 3 watt amp sounded fantastic... there's hope for us old vinyl guys yet! I never heard the system in the small room at all... which is testament to how much was going with other systems... amps, phono stages and speakers being happily swapped in & out. I have to say Nigel that amp of yours is bloody impressive! From cold it caught the music and delivered a lot of presence and power.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Terry

Post by Terry »

Fantastic afternoon guys. Hard not to be impressed by the dedication and professionalism of Gerry and Fran. I didn't catch too much technical chat and instead noted how all present were engaged by the music and just how good things sounded. A fine reflection of the great work going on at Eist Audio. Many thanks.

Terry
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ivor wrote:

great to hear Ivors gear too its top notch, but even better to meet and catch up with everybody
Thanks for the kind words Nigel but in all honesty my system was no better than the others on display, that said I thought the standard was very high. Gerry's ATM2 + neat (German?) turntable were stunning, Fran's Denon deck and Cary 3 watt amp sounded fantastic... there's hope for us old vinyl guys yet! I never heard the system in the small room at all... which is testament to how much was going with other systems... amps, phono stages and speakers being happily swapped in & out. I have to say Nigel that amp of yours is bloody impressive! From cold it caught the music and delivered a lot of presence and power.
ooops thought that atm2 was yours....
all certainly sounded good

nice to get good comments on the amp
it is certainly one mad idea
im pleased with its performance and it completely woops my previous amp which is technically not all that different
but thats the difference with power supplys
Last edited by nige2000 on Mon May 30, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:
Ivor wrote:

great to hear Ivors gear too its top notch, but even better to meet and catch up with everybody
ooops thought that atm2 was yours....
all certainly sounded good
Mine was the ATM1, a slightly smaller beast.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
k99_64

Post by k99_64 »

small album of what was there

http://imgur.com/a/t8r9c

star of the show is the last pic.