It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

TrickyDicky

Re: It didn't explode....... YET

Post by TrickyDicky »

Nigel, it stole the show today. When you swapped it in instead of the ATM2, my heart dropped a beat. It just sounded so good. Lovely piece of work
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

TrickyDicky wrote:Nigel, it stole the show today. When you swapped it in instead of the ATM2, my heart dropped a beat. It just sounded so good. Lovely piece of work
So *that's* where the ATM2 went. I'd hoped to get my hands on that, but it was snapped up immediately.

...Although it sounds like I should be looking elsewhere now! Nige?!?!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Certainly sounds really nice. Very tight worked really well with the big Eists. You will have to start practicing your soldering Simon. Not a thing of beauty but looks like Nigel has another winner. Less parts would seem to give a better result in this case.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Isn't this how Lampizator started?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
tony

Post by tony »

Diapason wrote:Isn't this how Lampizator started?
Yes Simon very similar alright not sure if Lukusz was as good at blowing things up as Nigel can be:)
But I think Nigel is progressing a lot quicker than Lukasz. Sort of scary to think how much progress Nigel could make if he keeps at it as long as Lukasz.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Diapason wrote:
TrickyDicky wrote:Nigel, it stole the show today. When you swapped it in instead of the ATM2, my heart dropped a beat. It just sounded so good. Lovely piece of work
So *that's* where the ATM2 went. I'd hoped to get my hands on that, but it was snapped up immediately.

...Although it sounds like I should be looking elsewhere now! Nige?!?!

thanks for the kind words guys

if only all experiments worked out as well :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Certainly sounds really nice. Very tight worked really well with the big Eists. You will have to start practicing your soldering Simon. Not a thing of beauty but looks like Nigel has another winner. Less parts would seem to give a better result in this case.
well its an integrated chip amplifier (lm3875) that costs less than 5 euro per channel with build in jfet buffer preamp, maybe something discrete would be a shade better
but unfortunately their is no free lunch there is over 200€ in batteries something similar into the voltage management of them and two special order transformers at around €160 and the box €180 and not counting the parts bought and tested that didn't make the team
theres quite a few parts all the same

as many parts as necessary is the way id put it, especially when it comes to signal handling
every component changes the sound a little usually with a little loss but sometimes the benefit of extra components outweighs the negative
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:
Diapason wrote:Isn't this how Lampizator started?
Yes Simon very similar alright not sure if Lukusz was as good at blowing things up as Nigel can be:)
But I think Nigel is progressing a lot quicker than Lukasz. Sort of scary to think how much progress Nigel could make if he keeps at it as long as Lukasz.
well im hoping i just admit to blowing up more stuff;)

progress will be slow/nonexistant for a few months
but im happy with the standard of the r2r dacs and the amp for now
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

http://www.ev-power.eu/WINA-30Ah-100Ah/ ... html?cur=1

these cells look interesting would be easier to build with
Since the amp seems to be a big hit with many that heard it
i was pondering a revision two build
anyone interested in a mini group buy for suitable parts to build an improved version of this kind of amplifier ?
tony

Re: It didn't explode....... YET (aka niges amp)

Post by tony »

What does that entail? Sorry to be clearer does it include hand holding walk thru and training course???