I need some help with choosing the headphones

Darek

Re: I need some help with choosing the headphones

Post by Darek »

Ivor I was a bit worries about that (they are electrostatic) but anyway i like to try them one day if I will have the opportunity.

Francis (I hope I got your name properly :))Pioneer Monitor 10 Vintage headphones why not !! I had a pair of Denon AH-D2000 and as I remember they was awesome.

My only problem is they are not available any more :( but I be very happy to hear them.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Yep, if you want to keep it in mind, I can bring along my vintage stax sometime that suits? I also have HD650, k701 and denon closed back with a couple of amps.
Do or do not, there is no try
Darek

Post by Darek »

I be really delighted :) That is brilliant!!! and you are more than welcome any time, I'm fully flexible if we are talking about time.
JAW

Post by JAW »

Hi Darek, I have a pair of entry level Stax (SR202's) that you're welcome to listen to if you like.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Darek,
I've got one of the new Stax SRS-5100 systems which consists of the SR-L500 headphones + SRM-353X amp. In my opinion, absolutely nothing else comes close in terms of tonal accuracy, timbre and clarity. I had a pair of Sennheiser 650's (now sold) before and as good as they are they cannot hold a candle next to the Stax.
The only area's where the Stax fall short of traditional headphones are bass slam and outright 'rockability' if that makes any sense. Their qualities are quite unnerving at times as you really do hear things not often obvious through speakers. Their advantage is that you don't have to worry about room interaction as the sound is delivered to your ears unspoiled.
Let me know if you ever want a listen.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Darek is fine he has plenty of offers Dave sure I will happily borrow those Stax yokes and assess the bass slam:)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

Hi Darek;

Well the pioneer can be found on the bay, but it's true you don't see them everyday !
So you need a little patience, wich is true for everything with hifi :)

Anyway, that'd be a good theme for a get together : headphones shoutout.
Easyer to carry than amps & speakers.