Recent Purchases

Diapason

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by Diapason »

We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy which works well.
DaveF wrote: Same as. I have to be very careful when bringing home any new vinyl and then I wait for my chance to sneak it in with the rest on the shelf. I've also got until Sunday to see if I can sneak in a Wadia before she arrives back on Sunday night.
302?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy which works well.
DaveF wrote: Same as. I have to be very careful when bringing home any new vinyl and then I wait for my chance to sneak it in with the rest on the shelf. I've also got until Sunday to see if I can sneak in a Wadia before she arrives back on Sunday night.
302?
nope, the 861i.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Excellent. Full report required.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

not gonna get it home before Sunday so looks like I'm gonna have to come clean. Reckon its gonna cost me a few weekends away in a nice hotel, spa or some sh*te like that.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

How come that stuff doesn't count as wasting money, while audio gear, which we might enjoy for years, does?

???????????????????
fergus

Post by fergus »

Seán wrote:This morning my lovely daughter was surprised by the postman who delivered a large parcel that contained the following CDs, they came all the way from Germany/jpc:
That lot should put a serious hole in your Basket....Enjoy!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:
Seán wrote:This morning my lovely daughter was surprised by the postman who delivered a large parcel that contained the following CDs, they came all the way from Germany/jpc:
That lot should put a serious hole in your Basket....Enjoy!!!
I am adding more items into it from my wish list, pssst don't tell the wife. [wink]
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ciaran wrote:Wow! I can't have a bundle like that arrive at the house! Strictly work address only! Not that I have bundles that big very often! About time I had a look at my wishlist on MDT.
I won't get away with doing that very often I can assure you. Given my circumstances I hadn't bought many CDs this year so when I got settled I went a wee bit mad.
BTW, on the Beethoven Piano Sonata front, what about Pollini? He hasn't recorded them all, but he has recorded a lot. And they're good.. very good. I'm currently enjoying the Gulda set on Orfeo from 50s radio recordings. I'm interested in hearing Claudio Arrau's Beethoven.
I wanted to get a second or possiblty third set and had identified the Brendel and the Kempff sets. I saw that the Schnabel cycle was available for €7.99 so I got that, it was too good an opportunity to miss. I will digest what I have bought. I must keep an eye out for the Pollini CDs.
Enjoy Lava: Simone Kermes has a new disc of obscure arias out: I must get it as a matter of urgency! And what I good idea to give Lava as Xmas presents!
There was a guy in Tower on Sunday and he asked me about the Jenkins one and when I pointed him in the right direction he came back over to me and asked me for a recommendation other than the afore mentioned superstar and so he walked out with a copy of Lava in his hand.
I have a couple of copies as stocking fillers. Take a bow Ciaran.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

DaveF wrote:
Diapason wrote:We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy which works well.
302?
nope, the 861i.
WOW! [shock and awe]
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Seán wrote: There was a guy in Tower on Sunday and he asked me about the Jenkins one and when I pointed him in the right direction he came back over to me and asked me for a recommendation other than the afore mentioned superstar and so he walked out with a copy of Lava in his hand.
I looked for a copy of this in Tower a few times but never came across it. Where there any copies left Seán?