MQA Anyone?

Friendlyfire

MQA Anyone?

Post by Friendlyfire »

So MQA is now at a tipping point with Cloney doing their bit next weekend to help deliver audio nirvana finally to the masses, or at least those of us still with deep pockets . Will I be buying my music collection yet again in a promising music format? Perhaps not if streaming from a third party as is proposed and apparently working already. Guess the proposed demo in Blackrock will be a good way to learn more. Looks promising,Anyone heard this format as of yet?
Eoin.
Ken Moreland

Re: MQA Anyone?

Post by Ken Moreland »

Certainly worth checking out , it's receiving good press. Here's some guff about it ;

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/article ... threshold/

I'll take a trip over , maybe Saturday.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

And this isn't an April Fool's joke, right?
Got a link to the Cloney announcement about MQA demo?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Friendlyfire

Post by Friendlyfire »

jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I'm thinking of dropping into this tomorrow - any reports yet?
Come on the twittering classes, don't you know that you should be tweeting your every thought :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I visited Cloney's this morning to get my first listen to MQA. Strapped for time I was able to listen to a couple of familiar tracks streamed via Tidal in regular CD quality and from an MQA processed version via Bluesound . Both sounded good and the MQA versions had a very realistic feel . The impressive factor of Bluesound is that it can decode MQA and deliver it to your existing DAC if it's streaming from Tidal or downloaded.
Well worth a visit.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ken Moreland wrote:I visited Cloney's this morning to get my first listen to MQA. Strapped for time I was able to listen to a couple of familiar tracks streamed via Tidal in regular CD quality and from an MQA processed version via Bluesound . Both sounded good and the MQA versions had a very realistic feel . The impressive factor of Bluesound is that it can decode MQA and deliver it to your existing DAC if it's streaming from Tidal or downloaded.
Well worth a visit.
KM
Ah, pity - is the source different for each?
Invalidates any comparison, IMO, if we can't listen to non-MQa & MQA of the same track, through the same device - Cloney knows that, I'm sure
www.Ciunas.biz
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Heard it this morning. Very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Ken Moreland wrote:I visited Cloney's this morning to get my first listen to MQA. Strapped for time I was able to listen to a couple of familiar tracks streamed via Tidal in regular CD quality and from an MQA processed version via Bluesound . Both sounded good and the MQA versions had a very realistic feel . The impressive factor of Bluesound is that it can decode MQA and deliver it to your existing DAC if it's streaming from Tidal or downloaded.
Well worth a visit.
KM
It wasn't exactly a great comparison with all other variables matching. I asked him what he had in MQA format that I knew well and he tried to match it from Tidal all through the Bluesound Node. Nonetheless the MQA version was excellent in it's own right. Best to take a trip round to Cloney's , I thought it was impressive.
KM
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

I went along and there seemed a reticence to do A vs B with the same tracks, certainly it wasn't set up to facilitate that and Ivan couldn't do it.

The chap from blue sound could to a certain degree, and Sultans of Swing 16 bit through Tidal was certainly bettered substantially by MQA. I regularly stream with Tidal so know what to expect with this vs hi-Res or 16 bit local. There was something extra going on here.

Definitely worth going along to, I went a sceptic, left, if not quite a believer, certainly more open to this being on my Hifi map.

SJB