Introduction - very short story - invitation

Ken Moreland

Re: Introduction - very short story - invitation

Post by Ken Moreland »

Here's a shot from today to whet your appetite!
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

where's the like button!!
Do or do not, there is no try
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

had the pleasure today of listening to these, very glad i made the trip
id really recommend visiting
top class kit:)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Two greats sets of speakers which for the first time demonstrated to me that open baffle speakers really can work very well indeed.

I was personally torn between both versions and after going back to the big 2 way set with the 15 inch plus cones won it marginally for me, they presented everything we threw at them with such ease it was very impressive how they could bring you into the music.

Equally as impressive were the treats available in the back room which I had to take a picture of.

For anyone really interested bring along your favourite piece of vinyl of CD and be very impressed.

My favoutites on the day and I may need to make another date with them:

Post by Terry »

Spent a most enjoyable and informative hour at Terminus Mills this morning. Great to put some faces on names - Nigel, Ken and Giant Haystacks, and meet some familiar folk - Tony.

Well done to you Darius on your very professional set up. The speakers (and turntables) are immaculate. Both speaker models appealed to me for different reasons - each showed a distinctly different character and perhaps, suitability to particular material. I don't know the model names but the smaller, black, more expensive speakers with the horn tweeter sounded more articulate and precise. The larger, burgundy versions were more 'rounded', bigger scaled and lush in their presentation. Both will require careful component matching.

Wishing you every success and thanks for a great morning.

Terry
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
panda2rom

Post by panda2rom »

I briefly met some forum friends, but soon i was left alone in the room with the speakers.
Sunday 3PM was a good spot to listen to some music.
So i was almost alone for an hour... Damned i should have bring more CDs !
Well, almost alone, i had a pleasant chat with Dariusz.

Usually open baffle can be tricky with room placement, but to my surprise those weren't (and Dariusz agreed to moove them around so i could check).
The build is pro, they look nice, do sound good.

-The big one is a two way system, with a wide band, Tang Band driver in the midle of two 15 inches woofer in //.

-The small one got two woofer wich looks alike, but one is for the bass, the second is for the mid, it is a 3 way system. It was a clear winner for me, much better mids, and the high were also better; but by a lesser margin.
(Dariusz commented on them saying : they give more details, and sound more clinical).

Both cost almost the same (or almost - i should have bringed a pen to take notes).
At 4k and a few hundreds, it is very reasonably priced IMHO.
I heared more expensive speaker not sounding as good on more than one occasion :)
And i do like the "no-box sound" of open bafles :)

Thx again for the invitation :)
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Raging I missed this, but time went against me... by all accounts the sound was fantastic - well done Darius!!
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I have to concur with all the comments above, great speakers and turntables that would satisfy you forever (not including the inevitable upgrades!). Also a mention for the hospitality of Dariusz and Mrs Dariusz, exceptional spread laid out in the kitchen!
I wish Dariusz all the best with this endeavour and based on the premise that quality sells I believe he'll do very well!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

Hard to add much more. Quality here is of a really high standard the attention to detail is second to none. The quality of finish on the turntables is thing of beauty. Terry's description would concur with mine. I would need longer listen to both with music I like to pick my favourite but initial listening favoured the smaller speakers. The speakers are not inexpensive but the sound quality and size of soundstage was incredible.
Definitely anybody in the market for new speakers, hifi rack or turntable upgrades should beat a path to Dariusz. Unique business and no doubt it is going to be a great success. Thanks also to Mrs Dariusz for all the hospitality.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I think it's all been said by now, but thank you to Dariusz for organising a very enjoyable session, with great sounds, great chat and the best nibbles and drinks in the business!! I'd heard a prototype of the bigger speakers before, but it was great to hear the new "smaller" model. As always it was great to see a few familiar faces and have the chance to chat.

One problem with such events is I always come away thinking "those turntables look really nice, and sound great too". This is very dangerous...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2