SOLD: Eastern Electric Minimax Phono Stage; extra tubes

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Cam76

SOLD: Eastern Electric Minimax Phono Stage; extra tubes

Post by Cam76 »

Hi, I'm selling my lovely Eastern Electric MiniMax Phono Stage. The reason I'm selling is because I decided to focus on having a fully-balanced headphone system from my TT to my HD800s, so have replaced the EE with a phono stage with balanced out.
Price: EURO 1150. Either option excluding shipping and insurance. My obvious preference is for pickup in Dublin.
I bought the MiniMax new in January 2013, while still in Australia, so it's about 2.5 years old. Here is the spec description from Eastern Electric:
Nominal input sensitivity 15 mV/MM and 4mV/MC. Maximum input 150 mV/MM and 40 mV/MC. Nominal output is 2000 mV and maximum 20V. Gain (1kHz) is 42dB/MM and 58dB/MC. Load resistance is 47k Ohms/MM, 100 ohms/MC High and 47 ohms/MC Low. Signal to noise is rated at 90dB and 87dB for MM and MC respectively. Distortion is 0.1%. Frequency response is given as +0/-.25 dB from 10Hz - 25kHz and power consumption is 15VA.
Comes with the factory tubes, but I have also upgraded all the tubes with the following which dramatically improved things:
1. 6x4 rectifier: I purchased two Mullard EX90/6x4 Blackburn / UK production with square getter, labeled as POPE/Holland, purchased NOS & Mint. I purchased two due to very limited stock and because they are / will be difficult to find again soon. I have not used one of them at all yet;
2. the 12AX7s: I purchased two sets of tubes to roll with:
(A): Three new Psvane 12AX7-T Reference Grade. These are EXCELLENT with the Mullard 6x4. They improved the accuracy and 'naturalness' of the sound from the stock tubes dramatically. I personally prefer these to the Tungsrams.
(B) Four Tungsram 12AX7, described as follows from the NOS vendor I purchased them from which is accurate: "These are my personal favorites for phono stages, especially military stock version. Soundwise, these are in between Mullard and Tung-Sol. The lowest noise we've ever tested. Meaty sound with great bass and balance. This one may lack only in terms of soundstage vs Mullard which is horizontally a bit larger. In all other departments they excell... Grade A is @ US$68,00/ea and US$136,00/matched pair". I purchased 4 matched (so that if one failed, the remaining three would still be matched). I didn't use these for a while because I was enjoying the Psvanes so much; when I came to use them one of the failed soon after starting to use but the remaining three are working fine and are lovely and as described here.
See photos for tube test results.
All these tubes are included in the price, worth about USD$450.
Not really interested in haggling given these are selling new for about GBP1500 and I'm adding these extra tubes as well.
I will be providing all the original double boxing and internal packing.
IMG_2866.jpeg
IMG_2866.jpeg (64.68 KiB) Viewed 730 times
IMG_2868.jpeg
IMG_2868.jpeg (66.08 KiB) Viewed 730 times
IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg (87.42 KiB) Viewed 730 times
VPI Scoutmaster TT / Dynavector 20x2L Cart / EE Minimax Phono / Sennheisser DVHD800+HD800 cans / NAD M51 DAC / MF A5 Amp / Dynaudio Focus 340 floorstanders
Cam76

Re: For Sale: Eastern Electric Minimax Phono Stage; extra tu

Post by Cam76 »

better give this a little bump. Make me a reasonable offer!
VPI Scoutmaster TT / Dynavector 20x2L Cart / EE Minimax Phono / Sennheisser DVHD800+HD800 cans / NAD M51 DAC / MF A5 Amp / Dynaudio Focus 340 floorstanders
rob1083

Post by rob1083 »

Hi,

I am ready to buy at euro1000.00.

R
Cam76

Post by Cam76 »

This is sold; mods, please delete thread.
rob1083

Post by rob1083 »

All good, tks