System Gallery

cybot

Re: System Gallery

Post by cybot »

[quote="Diapason"]Okay, here's a dreadful photo of my system:quote]

Nothing dreadful about the gear though :) Lovely room too...
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

fergus wrote: Lovely stuff Simon....where is the Church Organ????
You know, all joking aside, I really intended to buy a (digital) organ for the room at some point. That plan has been shelved for now, but some day dammit!!!
cybot wrote: Nothing dreadful about the gear though :) Lovely room too...
It's comfortable enough, but you'll note the sound treatment panels strewn all over the place. Getting good sound in this room has been.........challenging.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Diapason wrote: It's comfortable enough, but you'll note the sound treatment panels strewn all over the place. Getting good sound in this room has been.........challenging.
Ah, the Halle Berry room: I remember it well. New gear, though! You did get the little red valve amp after all.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Lovely all the same Si. It's really nice gear. Do you still have that bryston pre - the shine is an integrated isn't it? I was just reading about bryston the other day.....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Bryston is long gone I'm afraid, Fran. That went with the Esoteric when the Wadia arrived.
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
tony

Post by tony »

I think that shine is a very nice little amp, wouldnt mind going for one but moving to 4 amps is not popular for some reason. What are the karma's ie size type model. They look fairly cool as well.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Kharmas are CRM 3.2FE. I find it hard to imagine ever upgrading these...
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Diapason wrote:Kharmas are CRM 3.2FE. I find it hard to imagine ever upgrading these...
those are my dream speaker alright. Their seamless integration over the entire frequency range is what stands out for me anytime I hear them.
I'll be getting a listen to a new pair of 800Ds tomorrow but they are most certainly not on my list.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Here's a shot of the Unison Research S2K amp with the Shuguang Black Treasure KT88's, just installed yesterday and a big improvement over the Electro Harmonix previously used. The logos are not visible because of the locator position.

The next shot is the JK modded Hiface MK2 including the attenuator (6dB in this case), there's another 10dB at the Dac end.

i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
cybot

Post by cybot »

Gorgeous stuff Ken! Now can we see the rest of the system :-)