DIY Regen Battery tweak

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: DIY Regen Battery tweak

Post by nige2000 »

randytsuch wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
transformers were used in series with a dc blocking cap in paul pangs clock modules
i disliked its effect as it lacked detail compared to been direct but it sounded smoother which is probably likable to some
on the scope it changed a cleanish square wave into a sine wave
actually so far ive preffered a square wave as long as there isnt significant preringing
How does the cap divider look with your scope?
there a little less square but id like to try proper value caps before saying too much
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote: Reprogrammed - so the whole firmware has to be done, not just tweaked like hardware - it's not like the firmware can be downlaoded & reprogrammed & DiYinHK or any XMOS DAC manufacturer will give away the source.
Still, it's not impossible, just takes a bit of time
if you program it to take a 24 mhz clk
still need a clk that takes a 1.8v ps
ive good 24 mhz tcxo but wont operate at less than 3v
so a 24mhz ndk would fit the bill if they were freely available but dont see them anywhere
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

hope i dont jinks myself but ive a diyinhk and usb hub/frequency divider ff running the 48mhz clk at 3.3v levels and playing music for the last 36hrs non stop

so if we could programme for 24mhz were on the pigs back as long as xmos stays reliable that is

i failed to get the 100/130pf caps to work im thinking its lack of current
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:hope i dont jinks myself but ive a diyinhk and usb hub/frequency divider ff running the 48mhz clk at 3.3v levels and playing music for the last 36hrs non stop

so if we could programme for 24mhz were on the pigs back as long as xmos stays reliable that is

So, you're running the XMOS with a 24MHz clock signal but it's at 3.3V & NOT 1.8V as before?
Any audible difference running it this way rather than with 1.8V 24MHz clock signal?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:
nige2000 wrote:hope i dont jinks myself but ive a diyinhk and usb hub/frequency divider ff running the 48mhz clk at 3.3v levels and playing music for the last 36hrs non stop

So, you're running the XMOS with a 24MHz clock signal but it's at 3.3V & NOT 1.8V as before?
Any audible difference running it this way rather than with 1.8V 24MHz clock signal?
still workin

its 48mhz 3.3v level to xmos and 24mhz from ff at 3.3 v levels to usb hub
i had assumed if i put in 24mhz in to xmos without programing it would either not work or play at half speed
ill try a 24mhz before i fit it to the soekris just to see what happens

ive it running on a pcm5102a for testin and sounds pretty damn decent although not the same natural sound as the r2r
a good tight detailed snappy sound, timings probably improved over the other front ends ive heard on this dac

no neg effects so far and must be playing a few days now non-stop
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:
jkeny wrote:

still workin

its 48mhz 3.3v level to xmos and 24mhz from ff at 3.3 v levels to usb hub
i had assumed if i put in 24mhz in to xmos without programing it would either not work or play at half speed
ill try a 24mhz before i fit it to the soekris just to see what happens
Sorry, yes, I meant 48MHz to XMOS - I don't think 24MHz will work without programming the XMOS
ive it running on a pcm5102a for testin and sounds pretty damn decent although not the same natural sound as the r2r
a good tight detailed snappy sound, timings probably improved over the other front ends ive heard on this dac

no neg effects so far and must be playing a few days now non-stop
Great, sounds very promising
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:heres my 2nd attempt at it
nice improvement in clarity

The "journey" continue:

I just temporary taped until I see if it works (if I didn't break something).
The idea is to taped hole body with cooper tape, or some EMI stuff.

Again, BIG thanks to Nigel! ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Any headway on the programming?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Have you not tried it yet?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote:Have you not tried it yet?
Like Hitchcock, he's building the suspense
www.Ciunas.biz