How would you build your music PC today?

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: How would you build your music PC today?

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:do you have earth wire in your house power sockets?

is your dac, amps earthed to the wall sockets?

youve got that tellus earth thingy?
Everything is earthed on sockets to the house ground + additional ground (only for separate music sockets) + Tellus
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sima66 wrote:
sima66 wrote:When attach the motherboard to the earthed box, is it better to use conductive material (metal) for spacers, or something non-conductive (wood, plastic)?

I'm thinking brass or ebony.....depending on the answer.
Please anyone.....would that make any ground difference or any other trouble or benefit?
Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLhxKpfCnA
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
sima66

Post by sima66 »

My old on/off PC button in new "skin"! :)

The middle button from the face-plate it's on spring and pushes the actual old on/off button.
Works like a charm! :)
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Nice case

Maybe you should take the power led from the switch and make it visible from outside case
Would be handy info for troubleshooting

What do you think of aluminium cabinet for bookshelf speaker?
Wood better?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

nige2000 wrote:Nice case

Maybe you should take the power led from the switch and make it visible from outside case
Would be handy info for troubleshooting

What do you think of aluminium cabinet for bookshelf speaker?
Wood better?
The power leads will be visible from outside, I just have to make sure that they are working before I do any drilling, or the actual button works! :)

Speaker box and PC box(or any other component) are two different things.

I like aluminum for a Quads frame, but how will sound like closed box and match with different drivers that's hard to say without trying.
I think that with min. half inch to 3/4" will sound good. Definitely you will have more details, but it can also be to bright! Not cheap!
Maybe just have the front plate half inch aluminum and the rest of the box tick MDF or even better HDF.
Same as for wood, different wood - different sound!

Once when you start playing with different materials, you will be surprised how much they can affect the sound!
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Finally to "put the lid on"!!
Probably not for long! :)

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
randytsuch

Post by randytsuch »

GREAT job!!!

I'm VERY impressed, probably looks even nicer in person.

My PC is an embarrassment in comparison.

Randy
MSI H81-P33 MB, Xeon E3-1225 V3, LPS/LIFEPO4 and Astron RS-12A, 240gb SSD music, 2nd SSD for OS, Mod SS PCIE USB card, Server2012 R2 Ess+AO+MQn, Amanero USB to DACEND ES9018 to Schiit Lyr amp to Senn HD 700 headphones
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

randytsuch wrote:GREAT job!!!

I'm VERY impressed, probably looks even nicer in person.

My PC is an embarrassment in comparison.

Randy
yea really magnificent
Adams work def looks better in person
unfortunately i dont have the patience for this sort of art

bit of a change from the usual nest of wire pics i post :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Agree totally incredibly well done,really work of art. I think Adam you should have a chat with Entreq on how to package their products. Can't say I have ever seen wood used so well in a hifi product.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

sima66 wrote:
sima66 wrote:
sima66 wrote:When attach the motherboard to the earthed box, is it better to use conductive material (metal) for spacers, or something non-conductive (wood, plastic)?

I'm thinking brass or ebony.....depending on the answer.
Please anyone.....would that make any ground difference or any other trouble or benefit?
Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLhxKpfCnA
Sorry Adam you must have posted on a strange day! Love the humour
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.