What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
tweber

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by tweber »

How does it sound Shane? You have listened to it lol?

Yeah the gig was great but extremely quiet. Is quiet the new loud? Not a bad thing I suppose. Still the heavily reverbed guitar playing of Schramm was a revelation! I must check out his output sometime.....
Not yet unfortunately Dermot, work getting in the way :-(
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
How does it sound Shane? You have listened to it lol?

Yeah the gig was great but extremely quiet. Is quiet the new loud? Not a bad thing I suppose. Still the heavily reverbed guitar playing of Schramm was a revelation! I must check out his output sometime.....
Not yet unfortunately Dermot, work getting in the way :-(
It'll be worth waiting for Shane :)
bod

Post by bod »

dhyantyke wrote:
bod wrote:Image

Mint original lp. Not really a fan of diddly-i but this man may be the one to change my mind.

I probably overdosed on diddly-i for 20 years and can't abide it at all now for the last 20 years!!

However, I had the privilege of spending an evening at a session in Co Clare where it was almost entirely musicians in the place and no noisy hangers on. Micho was there. What a gentle giant of a gentleman, unassuming and playing the music simply but full of heart. Full of the resonances of music played in the kitchens of my youth around open turf fires. If even some of this quality of Micho's comes through in this recording, I can see how it might well 'change your mind'.
Ar dheis De....
It is sublime. What I love about Micho is that he plays and sings very simply and allows the music to do the work, if you follow. Goosebump material! Cheers. Dave.
dhyantyke

Post by dhyantyke »

bod wrote:
dhyantyke wrote:
bod wrote:Image

Mint original lp. Not really a fan of diddly-i but this man may be the one to change my mind.

I probably overdosed on diddly-i for 20 years and can't abide it at all now for the last 20 years!!

However, I had the privilege of spending an evening at a session in Co Clare where it was almost entirely musicians in the place and no noisy hangers on. Micho was there. What a gentle giant of a gentleman, unassuming and playing the music simply but full of heart. Full of the resonances of music played in the kitchens of my youth around open turf fires. If even some of this quality of Micho's comes through in this recording, I can see how it might well 'change your mind'.
Ar dheis De....
It is sublime. What I love about Micho is that he plays and sings very simply and allows the music to do the work, if you follow. Goosebump material! Cheers. Dave.

Exactly ! :)
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Early Xmas pressie on vinyl. Surprisingly good even though its stated as being 'Demo recordings from 2002'. Early version of 'when it's in you (methamphetamine blues)' is excellent although very different from its fully realised form on 'Bubblegum'. The sq is tremendous throughout and that voice is in epic form.
Attachments
M Lanegan.jpg
M Lanegan.jpg (57.03 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
cybot

Post by cybot »

Nothing earthshaking. It's just a piece of double dose of plastic. But....more precious than a sack full of silver. Thanks to Shane (Tweber) for the tip off.

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:Nothing earthshaking. It's just a piece of double dose of plastic. But....more precious than a sack full of silver. Thanks to Shane (Tweber) for the tip off.

:-) It is good alright is't it? Glad you enjoyed it Dermot.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:Nothing earthshaking. It's just a piece of double dose of plastic. But....more precious than a sack full of silver. Thanks to Shane (Tweber) for the tip off.

:-) It is good alright is't it? Glad you enjoyed it Dermot.
Sure 'nuff it is :)
LostBoy(IRL)

Post by LostBoy(IRL) »

gotten a few over the last few weeks (yes technically not today, just hey i just joined)
Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Cities_to_Love
Torres - Sprinter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprinter_%28album%29
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_%26_Lowell
Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sometimes ... I_Just_Sit
Joanna Newsom - Divers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divers_%2 ... m_album%29
while google links to those found out that Joanna is married to Andy Samberg, well i never.

now the sad news not listened to these much yet, my CD player packed it in, an Arcam CD73. talked to Clonney about it, but will be March before i make it up to Dublin. oh well.
tweber

Post by tweber »

Finally arrived on vinyl today-part of crowd fund it type thingy from last year. Great LP & well worth a listen "Cork Americana":-)Image