Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by DaveF »

On the TT tonight

Sundazed have just released many of Cohen's albums on vinyl. They are cut from the original masters. The sound is impressive indeed and a marked improvement over the CD.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Rick Wakeman: King Arthur....

I heard a programme on BBC Radio 4 the other evening the subject of which was the 1970’s “Concept Album” which I enjoyed listening to. Naturally Rick Wakeman was interviewed. Interestingly he said that there is still one more Concept Album left in him which he was working on for some time now. He hopes to be able to get the money together to do a big production of it (but of course would not say what it was about). The interviewer asked if it would be on ice and Wakeman would not rule anything out!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
JAW

Post by JAW »

fergus wrote:Rick Wakeman: King Arthur....

I heard a programme on BBC Radio 4 the other evening the subject of which was the 1970’s “Concept Album” which I enjoyed listening to. Naturally Rick Wakeman was interviewed. Interestingly he said that there is still one more Concept Album left in him which he was working on for some time now. He hopes to be able to get the money together to do a big production of it (but of course would not say what it was about). The interviewer asked if it would be on ice and Wakeman would not rule anything out!!!
There's a blast from the past! I bought this when I should have been buying schoolbooks in the way back long ago. It's my least favourite of his early solo stuff, The Six Wives always had it for me. Do you have the vinyl version with the booklet insert? It still gets the occasional spin, all the same, I'm a sucker for that seventies synth sound.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I assume you know that Rick Wakeman does the Saturday evening show on Nova now, and he intersperses the tracks with occasional interesting snippets about gigs and his life and what-have-you. It seems entertaining enough but I rarely catch much of it because I'm generally over on 2FM enjoying the Electric Disco with Jenny Green.

Radio is great sometimes.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
JAW

Post by JAW »

Diapason wrote:I assume you know that Rick Wakeman does the Saturday evening show on Nova now, and he intersperses the tracks with occasional interesting snippets about gigs and his life and what-have-you. It seems entertaining enough but I rarely catch much of it because I'm generally over on 2FM enjoying the Electric Disco with Jenny Green.

Thanks for that, I'll have a listen. I've always found him self effacing and entertaining being interviewed or on Grumpy Old Men.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Heard Rick Wakeman last week - wasn't bad at all.

DaveF: nearly anything that sundazed do is excellent - as is anything by 4menwithbeards.

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
JAW

Post by JAW »

This came with Mojo ages ago and I'm only getting around to listening to it now. Some of it's the stuff my older sisters used to buy when I was a pre teen and reminds me why I first got into music!

DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:I assume you know that Rick Wakeman does the Saturday evening show on Nova now, and he intersperses the tracks with occasional interesting snippets about gigs and his life and what-have-you. It seems entertaining enough but I rarely catch much of it because I'm generally over on 2FM enjoying the Electric Disco with Jenny Green.

I didn't know that Simon....thank you for the information! I too like listening to Wakeman....very down to earth, intelligent and can be quite witty!
fergus

Post by fergus »