What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:
tweber wrote:Image
Picked up in lieu of Hendrix in the West
You HAVE to get HITW Shane! Was it not in? Did you not like it?

Tell us about "Freedom". Mine was posted today. Can't wait :)

Edit:

Ah.....I understand what happened. You don't have to explain :)
Out of stock but I ordered it, hopefully have it next week. Seemed rude not to buy something else so picked this up but unfortunately working today so no chance to listen yet. Track list looks good though. Tomorrow evening, I hope.
Lucky sod ;(
tweber

Post by tweber »

Dan Auerbach's new side project
ConorW

Post by ConorW »

Picked up the following vinyl from Freebird and Tower records earlier today.

Lenco L75 Self build, Roksan Nima tonearm, Benz MicroGlider SL, AudioResearch PH7 phono, Luxman SQ-38U Integrated (or a Wavac MD300b),
BlueSound Node 2i, Auralic Vega, AudioNote AN/E Speakers.
cybot

Post by cybot »

Double Lp edition :)

cybot

Post by cybot »

My recent (and very first order) with Classified Records finally arrived in about an hour ago :)

Gazelle Twin - Unflesh
cybot

Post by cybot »

Get this: I ordered the Lp below from SOUNDOHM Records (Milan) yesterday at around 3 o'clock; I was flummoxed when it arrived this morning from UPS! Not even a day had passed!! Best service EVER!

Tom James Scott/Andrew Chalk - Calluna

http://www.soundohm.com
cybot

Post by cybot »

HMV, Andrew Liles and Tower. All vinyl. On and two are doubles. Three comes with free cd...

Nurse With Wound - The Surveillance Lounge

cybot

Post by cybot »

Two vinyl online orders arrived this morning. The first direct from Sub Rosa. The second direct from the artist himself Tom James Scott on his own Skire label.....

Tom Jackson/Andew Chalk : Wild Flowers
cybot

Post by cybot »

Yay!!!!! Double vinyl edition and, of course, the DVD to go with it :) DVD from Tower today and Lp from my local record store tomorrow. Happy days :)

Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

From E Bay - The Very Best of Roy Orbison – Roy Orbison – Monument Records, 1972, WSLP 18045 Stereo.

Mint condition vinyl with stunning SQ. See review below from Vivascene The Music Magazine - says it all!!

Famed songwriter Boudleaux Bryant pronounced Roy Orbison’s “Monument Period” as one of Roy’s “topmost pinnacles of achievement and one of the great contributions to the world of popular music”. Yet not nearly enough attention has been paid to the main underlying factor of his success, that being the singular sonic purity and beauty of these recordings. Much is owed particularly to sound engineer Bill Porter, who has been called the best engineer in the history of music. Porter not only oversaw every one of Orbison’s Monument hits, he also produced engineered the records of everyone from Elvis to Patsy Cline. No one ever made a great singer sound as good as Porter could.

In fact, Roy never had another hit record after he left Monument – not during his lifetime. It took the wizardry of Jeff Lynne (of ELO fame) to record Roy’s final album, Mystery Girl, in the late ’80s. Still, even Lynne’s talents pale in comparison to these Monument tracks.

From a whisper to a cry, from the slightest diminuendo to the greatest crescendo, no one in popular music ever matched Roy’s semi-operatic range.

If you purchase no other vinyl record on this list of outstanding vinyl, buy this one. Hunt it down, insist on an original pressing from the ’70s and pay any price for one in good condition. You’ll never forget the sonic impact of this recording.

Key tracks: “Crying”, “Running Scared”, “Oh Pretty Woman”, “In Dreams”.
Attachments
Roy O.jpg
Roy O.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 624 times