The future of hi-if

Post by Tertonmike »

"Music is the antidote to the world of pain and sorrow"
Seán

Re: The future of hi-if

Post by Seán »

Tertonmike wrote:The man has a point!
http://whatsheonaboutnow.blogspot.co.uk ... i.html?m=1
Ugh! A wife is great but they should know their place! LOL!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

It is like everything else in life I suppose, different strokes for different folks.
I came to a decision point about a couple of years ago about which way I would go technologically. I had started listening to music many years ago on vinyl. Then I "upgraded" my entire collection and system to cassette and then anumber of years later to CD. Then we had the streaming revolution and all of the convenience that one has with that. I explored my options there and the biggest single advantage for me personally, living in a modest house was the space saving implications. However, I ultimately could not go there. My sentiments were/are like those of the author. I ultimately reverted to vinyl and have built up a nice collection there over the past couple of years or so. That is just me and it reflects my values.

A similiar analogy would be with books. I read a lot but I do not own a kindle. However, along with my CD and vinyl collection I have quite a number of books on my shelves. I suppose that I am "old school" but I am comfortable in my skin surrounded by my tangeable stuff.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

fergus wrote:It is like everything else in life I suppose, different strokes for different folks.
I came to a decision point about a couple of years ago about which way I would go technologically. I had started listening to music many years ago on vinyl. Then I "upgraded" my entire collection and system to cassette and then anumber of years later to CD. Then we had the streaming revolution and all of the convenience that one has with that. I explored my options there and the biggest single advantage for me personally, living in a modest house was the space saving implications. However, I ultimately could not go there. My sentiments were/are like those of the author. I ultimately reverted to vinyl and have built up a nice collection there over the past couple of years or so. That is just me and it reflects my values.

A similiar analogy would be with books. I read a lot but I do not own a kindle. However, along with my CD and vinyl collection I have quite a number of books on my shelves. I suppose that I am "old school" but I am comfortable in my skin surrounded by my tangeable stuff.
Brother. I'm sure that's somebody's idea of "the future of hifi" but not mine.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Tangibility Rules Ok!