Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:
Never look back Fergus ;)

Agreed Dermot; not something that I indulge in as a rule but certain works in literature and music have the capability to transport me to other, far off places occasionally.

I do it all the time :)

The great thing about it is things can get slightly askew as the old memory plays the usual tricks; hence the Beatles walking in the opposite direction across Abbey Rd.

Don't worry Fergus it doesn't make any sense to me either lol!
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote: I do it all the time :)

The great thing about it is things can get slightly askew as the old memory plays the usual tricks; hence the Beatles walking in the opposite direction across Abbey Rd.

LOL!! I would have been disappointed if I had received a straightforward answer Dermot!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote: I do it all the time :)

LOL!! I would have been disappointed if I had received a straightforward answer Dermot!!
What are we like ;)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Something I found earlier that I remember buying in Road back in the days.....a hidden gem of a record.

Bandcamp:

'First Line' by Maersk was recorded long ago, during the winter of 2002-2003, by a group of young men playing an austere sort of minimal instrumental rock music, with the intention to try to change the world in some tiny way. Inspired by June of 44, Slint, Bedhead, Autechre, Tortoise, The For Carnation, and many more rumbling subterranean DIY treasures, they played concerts and made noises for a few short years in the early aughts.

The record was released in April 2003 as a 10-inch vinyl EP, on 110g vinyl, in a hand-assembled 180gsm tracing paper outer packaging, with metallic ink print and reversible inner sleeve. The record came out on independent Irish label Risc Records with the catalogue number risc004.

Released 26 April 2003

Made by Thomas Geoghegan, James Rider, Tom O’Doherty, Ross McCormick, Steve Fanagan, Herv. Vinyl pressed at GZCD, Loděnice, Czech Republic, Cover printed at Grafotone, Inchicore, Dublin. All of it done from December 2002 - April 2003.
tags
tags: rock independent instrumental minimal post-rock slowcore Dublin
cybot

Post by cybot »

4 Lp set.....

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:4 Lp set.....

Looks nice Dermot, have a casette copy of "live in Boston"from about 100 years ago somewhere. Played it to death. I see MOV have Blues Jam at Chess available on double lp although I assume it's already in your collection ;-)
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:4 Lp set.....

Looks nice Dermot, have a casette copy of "live in Boston"from about 100 years ago somewhere. Played it to death. I see MOV have Blues Jam at Chess available on double lp although I assume it's already in your collection ;-)
Correct and right Shane :) BUT.......I was never happy with the sound for reasons I can't recall; However I do remember hearing a selection of tracks that were included in the 5 Lp box set "The Blues Years" (Highly recommended) on Castle Communication (1990) and they just blew the BJAC tracks completely away!

So I would definitely be interested in the MOV set! Thanks for the tip off :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

The night after the IOW performance. An exhausted Jimi playing from sheer instinct. A million stars collide. As he said himself in his last interview:

"Sometimes I get so deep I feel I'm walking on the seabed watching the sunset".

In From the Storm indeed.....

Not for the faint hearted or those who are sensitive to things being in tune.....in more ways than one :)

Jimi Hendrix "In From the Storm" - live Stora Scenen, Grona Lund, Stockholm 31 Aug. 1970 on 'The Swinging Pig'

markof

Post by markof »

Woah there Todd.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

"Red House" download from iTunes to keep me warm until the physical media arrives :)

One of the five tunes not included on my "Stages" cd box set presentation of the Atlanta gig.....