What are you listening two?

markof

Re: What are you listening two?

Post by markof »

I like this 2014 version by Jordi Savall too.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Seán

Post by Seán »

Thanks Mark. I LOVE Herreweghe with JEG a very close second.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Igor Stravinsky
Pulcinella Suite for chamber orchestra
Music after Pergolesi

New York Philharmonic
Pierre Boulez conducting.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

Igor Stravinsky
Pulcinella Suite for chamber orchestra
Music after Pergolesi

Columbia Symphony Orchestra
Igor Stravinsky conducting.

Wonderful.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Joseph Haydn
Piano Trio in G minor, Hob. XV/1
Piano Trio in G major, Hob. XV/5
Piano Trio in C major, Hob. XV/C1
Piano Trio in F major, Hob. XV/37

Van Swieten Trio comprising:
Bart van Oort - Fortepiano
Rémy Baudet - Violin
Jaap Ter Linden - Cello
markof

Post by markof »

Jose Echenique wrote:Image

Another interesting new release from Glossa. Of course there´s some Boccherini, but also some less explored repertoire.
Lovely record. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
fergus

Post by fergus »

I have now completed my first listen to this set....

I thought that these performances were all excellent and that from an orchestra that I had not come across before; they were very impressive and exciting. The recorded sound was also excellent with great presence, particularly those with a vocal content. I think that the conductor had a good understanding of the music and was obviously able to communicate that to the orchestra. This cycle comes highly recommended and is a worthy one for any collection.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

fergus wrote:I have now completed my first listen to this set....

I thought that these performances were all excellent and that from an orchestra that I had not come across before; they were very impressive and exciting. The recorded sound was also excellent with great presence, particularly those with a vocal content. I think that the conductor had a good understanding of the music and was obviously able to communicate that to the orchestra. This cycle comes highly recommended and is a worthy one for any collection.
They are a fabulous orchestra, I am really glad you like it Fergus; now you might want to consider getting their Prokofiev Symphony cycle with Kitajenko too, or perhaps not?
Seán

Post by Seán »

Igor Stravinsky
Pulcinella Ballet with a song in one act, music after Pergolesi.

Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields
Neville Mariner conducting.
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ludwig van Beethoven
Symphony No. 9

Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
Herbert von Karajan conducting.

Brilliant performance.