Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:You know, I think this is actually a pretty good album. No singing, just piano, sometimes with bass, one track with bass and drums. I'm doing my cred no good here, I know...

I was never a big fan of his signing, I always thought him a bit of a Sinatra tribute act, but his piano playing is like accessible Monk. I quite like him really and far prefer the smaller scale stuff to the Big Band sound he often went for.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Can't argue with a word of that!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:Can't argue with a word of that!
Good. it would be a waste of time anyway!

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Picked up recently on 180gm vinyl.... sounding glorious.

Derek

Post by Derek »

A superb album, the voice long since shot to bits, but her ability to convey each piece is mesmerising.
Probably my favourite recording of hers, well between that and "Songs for Distingue Lovers", with just one year between recordings.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:A superb album, the voice long since shot to bits, but her ability to convey each piece is mesmerising.
Probably my favourite recording of hers, well between that and "Songs for Distingue Lovers", with just one year between recordings.
I've had the CDs for years (one with out takes, demos etc) but the vinyl just brings her into the room. I love the fragility in her voice as it almost breaks.

Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Adderley.jpg
Adderley.jpg (13.48 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Burrell.jpg
Burrell.jpg (14.77 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Ike.jpg
Ike.jpg (7.89 KiB) Viewed 598 times
These three beauties arrived to-day hand delivered all the way from America. Music Matters 33 1/3 Blue Note series re-issues cut from original analog master tapes. Beautifully packaged and superb sounding, looking forward to a very enjoyable evening with wee glass of wine or two :)
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Bannjo wrote: These three beauties arrived to-day hand delivered all the way from America. Music Matters 33 1/3 Blue Note series re-issues cut from original analog master tapes. Beautifully packaged and superb sounding, looking forward to a very enjoyable evening with wee glass of wine or two :)

Very tasty! Enjoy.

markof

Post by markof »

An interesting album - one half a traditional piano-bass-drums trio lineup, other half is a modern electric combo playing a jazz/soul mix.

Mark
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Seán

Post by Seán »

Bannjo wrote:
Adderley.jpg
Burrell.jpg
Ike.jpg
These three beauties arrived to-day hand delivered all the way from America. Music Matters 33 1/3 Blue Note series re-issues cut from original analog master tapes. Beautifully packaged and superb sounding, looking forward to a very enjoyable evening with wee glass of wine or two :)
Three lovely albums there. I am delighted to see Ike Quebec in your selection, he seems to have a growing fan club.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler