Bug Head Technology Music Player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Ken Moreland

Re: Bug Head Technology Music Player

Post by Ken Moreland »

I enabled Command Line and Black Screen by clicking just to the right of the LPF button . This brings up a new screen where these features can be enabled then exit the screen. Sound quality is much improved. The only drawback is that when the album finishes Infinity Blade must be restarted.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Clive

Post by Clive »

I wish I knew what all the options on the playback screen do..

I'm running 4.85, this I find is a massive change. Loads more detail, way more up front and this is with my mellow speakers, I daren't connect up my uber detailed speakers.

The bass I feel is still inconsistent, some albums have big bass whereas others have little bass. It's as though the bass is not flat and has room modes.

Oh I see 4.86 is out..or at least a test version,

I think I'll revert to 4.82, the later versions are a bit too full on.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

The manual is a nightmare, you already have it when you install Bughead, it's in your Bughead folder.
The Normal button (top left) allows you to change tuning for Blade etc.
Stardust mode is just below 4 Upsampling on second set up page and enables lots of rewriting activity.

I tried a lot of things with 4.85 including running Windows explorer and Jplay Asio but I preferred Chord Asio and Total Commander.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Clive

Post by Clive »

I gave up with the manual....

Ah it's the Normal menu that gives access to the Blade settings... It's the next screen which has really unfathomable options.
dannyhc

Post by dannyhc »

Giving up on manual's, why?

Just check this golden nugget on why an internal PC speaker should be avoided for critical listening;

Toimprovesoundqualityofaudio,andmakeeffortPCbuilt-inaudio,evenifexpectedtotrytoimprovethesoundqualityofthePCspeaker,thesounddoesnotgetbetter.Youreffortsfortheaudioissparse,thereisalimittoevenbetterinternalprocessingoftheplayersmuch.

Off to buy 32 GB of DDR3 PC2400 RAM my computer will be a high class.... Professional.
dannyhc

Post by dannyhc »

Following this thread over at the JPlay forum, someone drops a bomb shell recommending this player instead;

http://albumplayer.ru/english.html

I am absolutely in awe with the sound now in such a simple app, kind of makes me regret I just shelled out for 32 GB of Ram when the 8 GB I had was fine.

Isn't it always the way?
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Like MQn, less is more!
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Octagon

Post by Octagon »

Aleg wrote:Like MQn, less is more!
+1
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
Clive

Post by Clive »

dannyhc wrote:Following this thread over at the JPlay forum, someone drops a bomb shell recommending this player instead;

http://albumplayer.ru/english.html

I am absolutely in awe with the sound now in such a simple app, kind of makes me regret I just shelled out for 32 GB of Ram when the 8 GB I had was fine.

Isn't it always the way?
Avast is blocking this .ru download for a pal of mine. I hope it's ok.

I've not liked BH post 4.82 but I've not done the 20hr burn in which is supposed to remove brightness. Has anyone tried the burn in? It seems a bit OTT.
dannyhc

Post by dannyhc »

Infinity Blade SQ 4.86 out today, Stardust Mode X 2..... amazing!