ATC scm50asl Pro

Matt

Re: ATC scm50asl Pro

Post by Matt »

Fran wrote:Best of luck with the speakers Matt - its not the conventional route that you've gone, but you've obviously researched it all well.

Well you may wear!!

Keep us posted on how you get on with them....

Fran
Hi Fran

Yes, its a stretch away from the norm. But after getting into expensive hifi in 2003 and swapping and changing many times it seemed like the logical choice.
Big speakers with perfectly matched amplifiers and active crossovers built in, making it possible for a very simple system(Less boxes and no need for a big hifi rack). I will have a cd player, sky box and dvd player going into a dac with inbuilt volume control. Im hoping to buy one of these http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/site ... upid=18157

This will also allow me into computer audio.
I am thinking of selling the Arcam cd player and buying a Teac VRDS cd player as it will only function as a transport and should outperform the Arcam.

The beauty of these type of active speakers is that you have no need to find the perfect power amp, and they are so transparent that you can tailor the sound to your liking by using a valve pre amp for example as some ATC owners do.

Cheers
Matt
Arcam Cd33, Vdh The Integration, ATC CA2, Gotham GAC-2v1 XLR, ATC scm50asl