Bug Head Technology Music Player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sligolad

Re: Bug Head Technology Music Player

Post by Sligolad »

Just did a back to back on Dave Brubeck - Take 5 on BH 4.81b3 against JPlay 6 on Ultrastream 1Hz at 5 sec and I prefer the musicality of JPlay.
Two different sounding pieces of software I have never heard before, its amazing how different they sound when you do a back to back of the same track.

Post by Ken Moreland »

Infinity Blade 4.81b7 was released today and it sounds impressive. Did anyone figure out if it's possible to hold settings like Blade 4 instead of having to set up every time the program is loaded/run?
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Clive

Post by Clive »

I've just managed to go from 30% degradation to High Class Professional due to using 16GB of memory and enabling 8. Double sided memory.

Running 4.83 I find the memory change to be very significant, indeed frankly it's a must have. The character is similar to 30% deg but there is more detail, a much bigger soundstage and fabulous vocals. Vs my elderly non-Haswell MQn (3.56) the sound from BH is more wholesome and easier to listen to, MQn seems more detailed and sharper but also a little forced.

The BH sound is probably not especially neutral, bass and substance is rather like some record decks, coloured and not at all thin sounding but in a way that a good number of people will like.

Next I tried Upsampling - wow I was shocked at the difference. Explosive, the slightly relaxed and wholesome character was replaced by a more startling and energetic sound though a bit raucous.

Interesting.
dannyhc

Post by dannyhc »

Can select double sided memory option on my Haswell-E but on my Ivy Bridge no such joy, even though it has 4 X 2GB DDR3 modules it won't allow the option to be selected.

Loving the quality have you chosen Stardust mode?
Clive

Post by Clive »

dannyhc wrote:Can select double sided memory option on my Haswell-E but on my Ivy Bridge no such joy, even though it has 4 X 2GB DDR3 modules it won't allow the option to be selected.

Loving the quality have you chosen Stardust mode?
Yes I'm using Startdust. So many options!

It seems double sided needs 16gb. There's confusion over double sided too....it seems it doesn't mean double sided but dual channel so it refers to how the memory is wired...I think,. It's not at all clear though the manual might help but my Japanese and online translators aren't up to it!
dannyhc

Post by dannyhc »

This is his best settings which I find to be very good as well;

Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Clive and Danny, I'm also enjoying Infinity Blade 4.83 including Stardust mode. I can get to 20% but not High Class Professional, seems like selection of double-sided memory is the key. I have 16Gb on a Haswell board. Is there some setting to be adjusted to enable this or does it simply depend on the memory?
KM

UPDATE:Yeah, I'm now a High Class Professional, I enabled all my memory in 4X4Gb and I was immediately promoted. Haven't heard it yet , just warming up.
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Clive

Post by Clive »

Hi Ken, yep I went through the same loop yesterday, 4/4/4/4.

Are you guys using Blade 10 and mmx?
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Clive wrote:Hi Ken, yep I went through the same loop yesterday, 4/4/4/4.

Are you guys using Blade 10 and mmx?
After a recommendation yesterday I listended to Blade 4 and prefer that to Blade 10.
Haven't noticed much difference between various instruction sets.

Still like the most recent MQn versions better, but Blade 4 comes close to some of the older MQn releases.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I'm using Blade 4 and prefer avx plus to mmx plus. I'm guessing these are like the instruction sets that MQN uses sse, avx etc but don't really know. I also tried amx plus and liked it too , that's not an Intel instruction set as far as I can see.
KM