Record Fair in Navan

Derek

Re: Record Fair in Navan

Post by Derek »

To add my tupence worth
We had a great afternoon, the guys running the show were spot on, knew their music and were enjoying the banter as much as we were.

I also found a few bits to get to get grips with in The Lantern

On LP;
Eric Bogle – Scraps of Paper
Martin Stephenson and the Daintees – Boat to Bolivia
Randy Newman – Live
Terry Allen – Lubbock (on everything). Ivor ensures me I’ll love this double LP.
Nat King Cole – Come Closer to me.

On CD;
Harry Nilsson – As Time Goes By (the complete Schmilsson in the night)
Lambchop – Noyoucmon
Johnny Dowd – Wire Flowers
Giant Sand – Cover Magazine
Hearing Howe Gelb (Giant Sand) do Wayfaring Stranger / Fly me to the Moon from this CD was on its own worth the trip.

The Happy Bear Café was a real treat, great coffee great scones and really great service a gem in the heart of Navan
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I didn't realise you bought Martin Stephenson and the Daintees – Boat to Bolivia. That's a gem.

The Giant Sand CD I picked up is a cracker too. We must do (ahem) backups.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Record Fair in Naas tomorrow in Lawlors Hotel. I'll be there about 1:00pm if anyone's around.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable