Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Jazz - What's your bag, man?

Post by cybot »

Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

keep coming back to this again and again. Heavy rotation at the moment.,...

Do or do not, there is no try
fergus

Post by fergus »

Fran wrote:Image
Seán played some of that for me not so long ago and it is really very good.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Been listening to this quite a lot recently. Low-key, economical-with-notes stuff, but beautiful to my ears.

Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
mcq

Post by mcq »

Diapason wrote:Been listening to this quite a lot recently. Low-key, economical-with-notes stuff, but beautiful to my ears.

I've been thinking of picking that one up. I'm a big fan of Tomasz Stanko and this group recorded the excellent Suspended Night and Lontano with him. One of the great things about Stanko is that he never dominates his recordings - his solos are brief but utterly commanding - and he also leaves plenty of space for his fellow musicians to perform. I've been listening to bits and pieces of Wasilewski's music on YouTube and have been impressed. If you like this music, Diapason, you might also like the Tord Gustavsen Trio (also on ECM). I have two CDs by this fine band - The Ground and Changing Places. Really beautiful, mellow music that reminds me of Keith Jarrett's more reflective side. But, unlike Jarrett, it's much more concise and more stripped down - there's no room for extended solos here.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Thanks mcq, I actually have those exact 2 Tord Gustavssen CDs you mentioned, and they're very much from the same stable.

I like the Trio, not least because it takes inspiration from the likes of Bjork (a performance of Hyperballad) and, on another disc, Prince (Diamonds and Pearls, I think). I'd recommend a purchase!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

over the weekend....

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Love that album DaveF

On the TT right now:

Do or do not, there is no try
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Got this last week. Super sounds. Turns out theat Pink isn't a bad singer ...
... and some excellent Irish contribution !
Attachments
cover_imagine.jpg
cover_imagine.jpg (8.97 KiB) Viewed 586 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford