Record Fair in Navan

Ivor

Record Fair in Navan

Post by Ivor »

I’ll post more details later but just to flag now that there’s a Record Fair in Navan this Saturday the 25th
I’m strongly thinking of going just for the hell of it – anybody else up for a Tir na HiFi road trip!

Just giving advance notice in case some of you have to fill in leave sheets, get permission slips or cut the grass.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
dgdgdgdgdg

Re: Record Fair in Navan

Post by dgdgdgdgdg »

Thats interesting - wherabouts in Navan?
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

The Lantern in Navan from 11am til 6pm on Saturday Sept 25th...

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
dgdgdgdgdg

Post by dgdgdgdgdg »

Thank You
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

just for info...

The Lantern,
32 Watergate St,
Navan,
Co. Meath

any takers?

Derek

Post by Derek »

I’ll bite, looks like a possible fun filled few hours.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Derek,

would this be along the lines of the one in the Town House in Naas?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Derek,

would this be along the lines of the one in the Town House in Naas?

Fran
It could well be the same people Fran. This Record Fair is a bit of travelling roadshow.

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Well it was a perfectly enjoyable day. Derek and myself went down not really expecting too much but going for the craic anyway. Derek's GPS (aka "the bitch in the box") showed us driving several hundred yard to the left the M3 but she still got us to a parking spot across the road from The Lantern. I'm sure I speak for Derek as well when I say that the sight of a dozen or so crates of old CDs and vinyl didn't fill me with optimism but even after just a few minutes of flipping through platters of various diameters I was holding an LP and one or two CDs, with Derek and myself regularly muttering across to each other "Are ye interested in this one?" or "de ye have that one?". The guys running the "fair" were sound as well. They knew their music and were rounding down totals without so much as furrowed brow from either of us. While there was a lot of mainstream stuff there was also enough oddities to keep us interested.
I picked up a 2 disk live Leon Redbone album, a Nat King Cole album and then, on CD, 3 Nina Simone albums, one Paulo Conte, Broken Social Scene, Dr Dre, a fantastic Blossom Dearie CD a Johnny Dowd and a Graham Parker. There may be more I've forgotten. I was still listening at 3:30am and having a ball.
Kudos too to Ken Moreland who mentioned The Happy Bear café across the road. Nice coffee, great scones (including two free ones for saying we liked the first ones!) and a genuinely friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately we missed the live opera singing.

I went down to the Dublin Flea Market today near Blackpitts (off Cork Street) and was surprised and delighted to see LOADS of stalls selling CDs and vinyl at sensible prices. More money was spent.

Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

My daughter and I were in Navan yesterday morning so naturally we headed for the Record Fair but were a little early so we went across the road to the Happy Bear cafe. From outside the door we could hear very loud but wonderful music and thought they had invested in some new equipment but was shocked to find my Italian neighbour singing solo to the customers. I don't know her history but she is clearly classically trained, keeps herself in tune by starting each song with a tuning fork. She sings on Saturday mornings for an hour between 11am and noon. Worth a listen and the grub is good too.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers