Meet the Vintage Lego Audio Player

Terry

Meet the Vintage Lego Audio Player

Post by Terry »

[quote="Rob"]Don't want to be responsible for implanting any bad ideas Terry. ;)[/quote

V interesting place is Cph... more bikes than folks as it happens and a very low incidence of theft. Would share your concern for the welfare of those tubes though... not being exercised by an audiophile or some such!

Spent a glorious hour in the basement of that shop. Struck by the tremendous sense of space, depth, air, clarity, timing and sheer musicality of the set up... Funk Sapphire TT, Audio Note AN-E Lexus Signature speakers and a vast array of Audio Note black box trickery.

That said... my trusty Linn, Accuphase, Gale 401 combo... sounds very good indeed... at a fraction of the price!Image
Last edited by Terry on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
tony

Re: Meet the Vintage Lego Audio Player

Post by tony »

Rob wrote:Don't want to be responsible for implanting any bad ideas Terry. ;)
Too late €100 return with Aer Lingus, Brick in hand luggage and nice stuffa bag for return flight.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Terry

Post by Terry »

tony wrote:
Too late €100 return with Aer Lingus, Brick in hand luggage and nice stuffa bag for return flight.
As right you might T! Bring loads of tape for de window... would be an awful shame to be picking shards out of amp.
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Terry wrote: V interesting place is Cph... more bikes than folks as it happens and a very low incidence of theft. Would share your concern for the welfare of those tubes though... not being exercised by an audiophile or some such!
I expect that those 300Bs may be pricey Western Electrics or some such - wouldn't last as long in a Dublin window I would expect! :)
Spent a glorious hour in the basement of that shop. Struck by the tremendous sense of space, depth, air, clarity, timing and sheer musicality of the set up... Funk Sapphire TT, Audio Note AN-E Lexus Signature speakers and a vast array of Audio Note black box trickery.
Sounds like it was quite a demo. The one AN I would most like to hear is the Jinro 211 SET as its supposed to be a poor man's Ongaku - well not so very poor as they sell for 30k or more IIRC.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rob

Post by Rob »

tony wrote:
Darn it! Ah well I suppose it would be one of the more worthy smash n' grabs though it might be tough getting that brick through customs...