MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

rickmcinnis wrote:
sbgk wrote:
sebna wrote:Adam do you use your MQN with MQNLoader? I am asking as I am and I am wondering if re-writer benefits still apply if the file is converted on the fly to wave and copied between HDD and CF.

I am temporarily without audio-pc while waiting for new parts to arrive so cannot test it myself.

Gordon have you maybe received your new SPDIF converter? How do you like it if you have it already?

Cheers
just received the u12 today, sounds like a new digital device, hopefully will open up and be less thin, but think it's showing promise, quite compelling, timing and insight seems good so far. same xmos chip and similar clocks as the berkeley alpha $1800 device, with scope for diy upgrades.

am going to get a chance to compare MQn to an upgraded LP12, so shall see how far apart it is.
Well, the LINN can only tell you so much. What phono amp will you use out of curiosity? And you might as well tell us the arm/cartridge of choice.
lingo ps, keel + naim arrow, dynavector cartridge, naim prefix phono pre
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Sounds like a serious set-up!

Being an LP listener I find the biggest difference between the two formats is where each "puts" the noise.

Analog lays it right out in front of you but not so much within the signal and digital has it mixed in with the signal with the illusion of silence.

Each has its merits. I find it works best to concentrate on one at a time and when you tire of one, and you can tire of good analog just as easy as good digital, you move to the other format until the fatigue sets in again.

I think each format can teach the other. Obviously there are many things digital does so effortlessly. It is amusing how analog becomes an ideal when it should simply be a benchmark.
phonograph, amplifiers & speakers
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Ken Moreland wrote:3.97 avx2 works very well for me on Chord Hugo.
KM
+1

But like the use with ReWrite better than without ReWrite
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Aleg, do you mean you ran Yokota-san's ReWrite and then played via MQNcontrol 3.97avx2?

Rewrite also works on DSF and Hirez files and sounded good played through Jplay.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Ken Moreland wrote:Aleg, do you mean you ran Yokota-san's ReWrite and then played via MQNcontrol 3.97avx2?

Rewrite also works on DSF and Hirez files and sounded good played through Jplay.

KM
Yes, correct that is what I mean.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
Ken Moreland wrote:3.97 avx2 works very well for me on Chord Hugo.
KM
+1

But like the use with ReWrite better than without ReWrite
am trying to get a non temporal copy assembly version working as the memcpy version sounds a bit rough.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

mqncontrol 4.04 avx2 is version with non temporal copy in assembly using avx registers.

bit of a black art, this though.
heathkit

Post by heathkit »

Hello,
I have a Win 7 Professional 64 bit laptop, Samsung Series 7. I have not been able to get the MQN.bat file to work. From troubleshooting it I find that the part that parses the pasted files to create file1.txt is failing. I get the error:
The system cannot find the file File1.txt.
If I "trick" it by manually creating a file1.txt with my path\file inside, then it works and plays.

If someone knows the fix for this I would greatly appreciate it. Also is there a place where the best configs/tweaks for using MQN on Win 7? Also what are the latest/best MQNcontrol.exe and MQNplay.exe files for Win 7. My laptop is a core i7, dual quad cores, 8 GB ram.

Thanks!
Richard
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Were all cutting edge here win 8 upward is a requirement
Win 8.1 and server r2 is preferred
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

heathkit wrote:Hello,
I have a Win 7 Professional 64 bit laptop, Samsung Series 7. I have not been able to get the MQN.bat file to work. From troubleshooting it I find that the part that parses the pasted files to create file1.txt is failing. I get the error:
The system cannot find the file File1.txt.
If I "trick" it by manually creating a file1.txt with my path\file inside, then it works and plays.

If someone knows the fix for this I would greatly appreciate it. Also is there a place where the best configs/tweaks for using MQN on Win 7? Also what are the latest/best MQNcontrol.exe and MQNplay.exe files for Win 7. My laptop is a core i7, dual quad cores, 8 GB ram.

Thanks!
Richard
is there anything in files.txt ? is there a paste.exe in the directory ?

don't have a win7 machine, but it may still work on win7, think wasapi doesn't but ks might.