Linn Radio Stations

JFK

Linn Radio Stations

Post by JFK »

Hi Guys been a while since i posted anything , Got an I Pod Touch there recently , Playing through a Denon 1911 and B&W M1s + PV1 sub , Connects directly via USB on front of Amp .
Currently listening to Linn Radio - They have 3 atations - Classical , Jazz and Mainstream , They broadcast at a bit rate of 320kps , the sound is very very good , I have a revo Mondo and the highest Bit rate i came across was 192kps .
Im transferring my CD collection to the Ipod and its a very handy tool ..

Check out Linn Radio if you have a device to play these stations ,think you will be very surprised at the Quality ..

Cheers
Diapason

Re: Linn Radio Stations

Post by Diapason »

Thanks for the heads-up. I've added them to my station listing online, and I'll have a listen later when I'm back with the radio.

Annoyingly, some of my favourite stations recently changed from 127kbps (listenable) to 32kbps (unlistenable).
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Thanks for that JFK - very listneable, even with my relatively elderly Aiwa headphones.
Nigel.
Keep Doing The Fun Stuff.
jaybee

Post by jaybee »

trying not to sound too duh!!

do they have an app or do you access them via safari...???
Brass Bands are all very well in their place -
outdoors and several miles away....
JFK

Post by JFK »

Hi Jaybee , i downloaded Tunein radio app for 1.79 euros , its an internet radio site which shows the bit rate for each station . Excellent .. Or you can just do a safari on it but i prefer the app .. Cheers ..
I have being having trouble when connecting the Ipod Touch to the Denon 1911 through the dedicated USB .i believe its a fault from the I0S 4.1 update and will be sorted soon with the I0S 4.2 - there is an annoying crackling sound through the USB on all sources ..

Cheers
John