Okki Nokkii (with dust cover) €620
14%
VPI HW 16.5 €826
14%

Total votes: 7

Ivor

Group buy Record Cleaner?

Post by Ivor »

Rather than get the website involved why not open it to members to group buy?

If a group of people want to share the cost of buying and share the time they get with the machine then vote for whichever machine you think best value. Google is your friend. Just bear in mind you will need to top-up fluids and other bits over time and you will need to organize the group somewhat.

Please state clearly in the body of this thread that you wish to be part of buying group!

This post is only to get the ball rolling.... if a viable group forms by all means look at other machines, there are cheaper and there are far more expensive ones too!

add UK P&P to the prices.
Ivor

Re: Group buy Record Cleaner?

Post by Ivor »

Given that the poll is anonymous it might make sense for people interested to mention it here in teh body of the thread... also any suggestions or comments are welcome here.

BOD did suggest the possibly approaching Cloney for a "Forum rate" and that was in the back of my mind.. particularly when I saw a machine from Clearaudio.

If anyone spots a s/h one on any of the UK forums let us know.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Thor

Post by Thor »

Can I do a second vote for Clearaudio??
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

Can I do a second vote for Clearaudio??
Thor, did you vote for it already? Thought that vote was mine
Tricky
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Thor wrote:Can I do a second vote for Clearaudio??

vote early vote often... the whole point of this is to see if a group of lads want to buy a cleaner together. make your preferences clear (and they can of course change ) and make it clear if you want in. Nothing here is binding!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Claus

Post by Claus »

I would be interested! Thanks!
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

I'm in too
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

Depending on cost i'm in, and anybody up for a record flattener?
JAW

Post by JAW »

Guys, I've a Moth which I bought from Gerry on the forum a couple of years ago. If anybody wants to borrow it to try they're welcome to. I'm away until January, but it's available for collection in Blackrock. There are just a couple of things, if it's going to be handed around to a few members somebody should take control of where it is at all times and also it's probably a good idea to have a handover sheet with a checklist of the various bits.
If there's interest please pm me.
Johnny
Terry

Post by Terry »

JAW wrote:Guys, I've a Moth which I bought from Gerry on the forum a couple of years ago. If anybody wants to borrow it to try they're welcome to. I'm away until January, but it's available for collection in Blackrock. There are just a couple of things, if it's going to be handed around to a few members somebody should take control of where it is at all times and also it's probably a good idea to have a handover sheet with a checklist of the various bits.
If there's interest please pm me.
Johnny
Very generous of you Johnny. Safe travels.
System 1. LP12/Mose Hercules/Ittok LVII/ATOC9III, Dynavector P75 MkIII, Denon DCD-A100, iPad/AirPlay, Accuphase e303x, Gale gs401a.
System2. iMac/Tidal, iFI Dac, Dynavector L200 pre, Croft Iosis, Sonus Faber Auditor M.