Guns n' Roses

Diapason

Guns n' Roses

Post by Diapason »

Comedy gold last night at the O2. Anyone else there?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Re: Guns n' Roses

Post by Ivor »

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

fair play to ya Ivor.....
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

finger on the pulse me....

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

you think that's bad? I went to see them in Budapest 4 years ago. They were due on at 8.30pm and they finally walked on stage just after midnight. Apparently he was still in his hotel in Milan at 9pm while the rest of his hired hands where at the venue waiting for him. What a complete and utter bellend!

My brother was the O2 last night. According to him it was a combination of the bands late arrival, a rowdy crowd, boo's
and crap being thrown on stage that made the whole thing a shambles. I warned him what could happen. That'll learn him!
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Oh he's a bellend alright, and the whole thing was a shambles, but I really enjoyed the entertainment in its many and varied forms!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

What were they like when they eventually came back onstage? I remember when seeing them a few years I thought that although
the new band were technically fine they really lacked the grove that the original 5 members had. It was like watching the ghosts
of what was once a great band, brief as it was.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Yeah, that's about right. The band worked very hard and played well, in truth I felt a bit sorry for them having to put up with Axl's vagaries. Axl himself seemed to sing better when standing still than when jumping around, so in that sense things were good (he stood in the middle of the stage sulking, unmoving, looking bored for the remainder of the second half). But yes, nothing of the magic of the old line-up, and on the whole, Axl cuts a slightly sad figure these days.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote:(he stood in the middle of the stage sulking, unmoving, looking bored for the remainder of the second half).
Contractual obligation don'tchaknow.

bod

Post by bod »

Pure comedy gold alright! One of the most infuriating/entertaining gigs I`ve ever been to :-)