Electronica - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Electronica - what are you listening to?

Post by Fran »

mmm. So I can see this might grow legs!! Dermot, if you want a hand, just let me know. If I can help......
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Let's do it in the usual way: copy it and pass it on to the next person in the list.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Indeed,

You could call it

"The Cybot Series, Volume 1"

Good idea Diapason
Let the Good Times Roll...................
cybot

Post by cybot »

Just in from Dublin and I see all these lovely posts requesting an Electronica sampler :-) Well, I sent off the first two to Dave this morning and I intend to do some more soonish. I think Simon's suggestion is a good one - copy and pass on to the next person on the list... Remember I hate genres ie it won't be tied down to just the Electronica genre, so be prepared to expect anything unusual :-)

BTW thanks for the offer of help Fran but I think I'll be fine as long as I stay away from the real weird stuff! Remember it's just a sampler, meaning I've used iTunes to burn the high quality mp3 files that came with the original Lps...but I've included the full Lps so it's actually better than a sampler! The first disc is a Neo-Classical thing (of beauty) which includes three albums by Olafar Arnalds and was much liked by Fergus last time he was up in my house. The other disc is a bit more,shall I say daring and includes works by the likes of Aaron Martin, Evan Caminiti, Max Richter and Rafael Anton Irisarri.

Nice idea for a title Adrian :-)
Last edited by cybot on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:Thanks Fergus. BTW I know which one(s) you didn't like :-) At least you didn't run screaming from the house ha,ha :)
No I certainly did not Dermot....that session was a most informative one I must say!!
Glad to hear you went away happy :-)
mick

Post by mick »

Hi Cybot,

I would be very interested in a copy of your sampler as well,please.

'Trans Europe Express' arrived and it really sounds good. The vinyl copy is excellent. Proper pressing no pops or clicks.

Mick
cybot

Post by cybot »

mick wrote:Hi Cybot,

I would be very interested in a copy of your sampler as well,please.

'Trans Europe Express' arrived and it really sounds good. The vinyl copy is excellent. Proper pressing no pops or clicks.

Mick
Delighted to hear that you're happy with TET :-) Glad to hear you're interested in the sampler too! So far the following forum members have expressed their interest in the sampler including Dave who was the first and who will pass it on to Fran:

1.Fran
2.Simon (I assume?)
3.Adrian
4.Mick
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

cybot wrote: 2.Simon (I assume?)
Yes please!
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote:
cybot wrote: 2.Simon (I assume?)
Yes please!

No problem! I just have to warn you that the first disc might sound a bit bland to a seasoned Classical music listener... Please don't hang me out to dry :-) The only problem is my best stuff is on vinyl but without the mp3 codes present; Of course, I could record them but that would be too time consuming! Still I might cherry pick a selection and record them anyway but for my next sampler I'll just concentrate on the music on CDs I have (yes, you read that correctly!) and just take it from there.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I actually possess a little bit of ambient/electronica as it is, but I'd like to know more. At the moment I've got some Orb, some Orbital, a little Aphex Twin, and that's about it. Still, I think there's a huge amount of overlap between modern classical and electronica. First time I ever heard Aphex Twin, for example, was on BBC Radio 3.