Power Inspired AC Regenerator

Ivor

Re: Power Inspired AC Regenerator

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:Well if Ivor doesn't notice it
It's hardly going to be any sort of problem for most guys

I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment! Either way.. I'd repeat the caveat that my speakers haven't come on song yet...
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

The general fear is that these things will squash dynamics, so attaching power amps to conditioners is often not recommended. However, if your amps draw a constant current (run in class A) this may not be a problem. I can't remember what Ivor's amps are off the top of my head, but one way or the other these things are always very system specific. Suck it and see!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Diapason wrote: I can't remember what Ivor's amps are off the top of my head, but one way or the other these things are always very system specific. Suck it and see!
Airtight ATM1. And yes, I suspect it's system sensitive alright. It's a cheap unit and wouldn't go to waste somewhere else in the house anyway.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ivor wrote:

I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment! Either way.. I'd repeat the caveat that my speakers haven't come on song yet...
Apologies that does read like an insult
wasnt meant to be

using a diy Gainclone amp here, the difference is just noticeable here and not really much more than that
took 6-7 a b comparisons to find the difference the first time
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:
Ivor wrote:

Apologies that does read like an insult
wasnt meant to be.
Only joking Nigel.

Zeky

Post by Zeky »

Forgive me for my tuppence worth, but nobody has yet mentioned household Earth connection.
Any and all my humming and fizzing problems of the past have been traced back to the local authority's mains Earth connection.
I am not an electrical expert but I took advice and bought a copper rod and drove it into the ground outside an d connected all music-room sockets to it, instead of the Electricity Co provided Earth.
It cured all my humming etc.
Perhaps it ended up that I had a specific problem, but I have 13 separate isolated circuits in my room and the only common denominator was the Earth!

Stephen
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Zeky wrote:Forgive me for my tuppence worth, but nobody has yet mentioned household Earth connection.
Any and all my humming and fizzing problems of the past have been traced back to the local authority's mains Earth connection.
I am not an electrical expert but I took advice and bought a copper rod and drove it into the ground outside an d connected all music-room sockets to it, instead of the Electricity Co provided Earth.
Perhaps it ended up that I had a specific problem, but I have 13 separate isolated circuits in my room and the only common denominator was the Earth!

Stephen
From experts in the field I have heard this can be extremely dangerous.
Adding an earth rod can be potentially dangerous in modern properties.
In the event of a local area fault your property & your earth rod could be the only earth for a section of the local network.

Your electrician will (MUST) advise if your supply is suitable for a ground earth rod.
Don't do this without proper advise from a qualified electrician!!!
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Earth rod is common practice in Ireland
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Aleg wrote:
Zeky wrote:Forgive me for my tuppence worth, but nobody has yet mentioned household Earth connection.

Stephen
From experts in the field I have heard this can be extremely dangerous.
Adding an earth rod can be potentially dangerous in modern properties.
In the event of a local area fault your property & your earth rod could be the only earth for a section of the local network.

Your electrician will (MUST) advise if your supply is suitable for a ground earth rod.
Don't do this without proper advise from a qualified electrician!!!
Similar to Aleg's answer I got here in Canada!
For years I had a rod and plate grounding my separate outlets (no house ground). After everybody telling me how unsafe that is I just connected my separate ground to my house ground and from there to my dedicated lines. In this case, I just "straighten" my house ground!?

After buying Entreq Tellus and "grounding" my all equipment chassis with silver wire to it, I got got much better and smoother highs, without taking away the details.

Than the little DIY Devil raise with question "how this little box filled with some "grounding" material can can be better than one big strong separate ground"?
To satisfy my curiosity, I drove into the ground three 10 foot copper rods into triangle shape and connected them with gauge #1 copper wire. On the inside I connected the #1 wire to the 12"x1"x1" copper bar and from there I connected all my chassis with the same silver wire what I used with Tellus.
To my disappointment the sound was better than without any extra ground, but not that good as with Tellus.
Than I connected Tellus to my copper bar and that was WOOOW! Not only the highs, but this time bass improvement was huge!

I still have my house ground into my outlets.
I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but I know that I will never take them out!

Adam
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

Never heard of the Entreq before. You kept this one to yourself Adam. Is it a new product see link below for usual carry on on PFM on this item?

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... 73&page=14

Do we have one on tirnahifi?(local battalion i.e. not off shore)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.