Mr. Data brand CD-R`s

bod

Mr. Data brand CD-R`s

Post by bod »

Hi folks,

I was wondering if any of ye have or have any idea where to source these blank discs? The reason I am asking is that my old Yamaha CDR-1500 is not recognizing any other type of blank media these days :-(. I`ve tried pretty much all the major brands as well as el cheapo stuff from Dealz etc. This is a pic of the ones I mean:

Cheers,

Dave.
fergus

Re: Mr. Data brand CD-R`s

Post by fergus »

Hi Dave,

When I used them I bought them in Golden Discs. I do not know if they still sell them but worth a try.
Have you tried the TDK brand - "Audio" version? They were made specifically for audio recording methinks and I found them to be excellent quality, far superior to Mr. Data for around the same price. My recorder (Pioneer) is from around the same vintage and I never had an issue with them. I used buy these in Tower. Once again I do not know if they still sell them but also worth a try.

Best of luck.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
bod

Post by bod »

Cheers Fergus. I`ve tried them too but no dice. "Not Audio" displayed on the machine. I may try contacting Golden Discs directly as my local branch doesn`t have any but they may have some old stock somewhere. Dave.
fergus

Post by fergus »

I used to buy mine in the Dun Laoghaire branch so perhaps try there Dave.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

I buy my discs in bulk from Just Media in Finglas.My machine was weaned on Mr Data but could not source them anymore so gave Juat Media a try and never a problem since. You can speak to Gary he is very helpfull on 01 8643927.The also have a website and fast delivery free
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
bod

Post by bod »

Cheers. Do you use a Yamaha machine too?
Gussy Finknottle

Post by Gussy Finknottle »

I have a CD-3000 yamaha amongst others which did have a few problems with discs.A few of the yamaha machines are phillips clones which are very fussy what discs they record and play
He who dies with the most expensive HiFi wins
bod

Post by bod »

Cheers Gussy. The recorder is a Yamaha model. My player is a Wadia. Which recorder are you using? (Sorry for all the questions!!!).
Derek

Post by Derek »

Hi Dave
Can the Laser on the Yamaha be refocused? Is there a tiny screw on the underside that’ll take a jewellers size screwdriver?

I had the brothers Kenwood after it was in storage for many years to try to get it up and running, skipping to the chase, after getting it working it wouldn't read CDR’s of any kind but, with a bit of patients I dialled in the laser a fraction at a time, first of course in the wrong direction, but, ultimately getting it to read every CD.

Just a thought
Derek
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
bod

Post by bod »

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the suggestion. There`s nothing actually wrong with the machine. It`s just stupidly picky on the blank discs used. Even the discs that Yamaha customer service recommended don`t work on the thing! Let`s all just go back to tapes, can we please?!

Cheers,

Dave.